Mix and match in 1UR-FE.

I’ve got this fine selection of oils laying around that probably wont get used otherwise:

263F5DEE-88EB-4E9F-AE6A-2E4BF658A167.jpeg

The Supertech and Mobil are SP, Castrol is SN+, and PUP is SN.

I can probably get rid of most of this oil in my Lexus GX460 next change but wanted to get the consensus about mixing.

Dude…1ur-fe…doesn’t care what you put in it as long as it meets spec and weight. You think they’re using quality oils in their land cruisers in Afghanistan and North Africa? Or quality fuel for that matter? I know people who have been to those areas and have seen the abuse and minimal maintenance done to those engines yet they still live long healthy lives.

Dump it in and let er rip

Dude…1ur-fe…doesn’t care what you put in it as long as it meets spec and weight. You think they’re using quality oils in their land cruisers in Afghanistan and North Africa? Or quality fuel for that matter? I know people who have been to those areas and have seen the abuse and minimal maintenance done to those engines yet they still live long healthy lives.

Dump it in and let er rip
So they don't run Amsoil Signature?

if an engine doesn't require a modern specification, are there any oils that cannot be mixed? can you just add a quart of generic gas station conventional 10w40 to a crankcase full of modern synthetic 0w20 and be fine?

I’ve got this fine selection of oils laying around that probably wont get used otherwise:

View attachment 88300

The Supertech and Mobil are SP, Castrol is SN+, and PUP is SN.

I can probably get rid of most of this oil in my Lexus GX460 next change but wanted to get the consensus about mixing.
1. Pennzoil
2. Castrol
3. Mobil
4. Supertech

I numbered it that way in case you need to do a 3 way mix at some point (Not sure of capacity). I like to use oldest first. Supertech is last instead of 3rd for no particular reason.

At least that's how I would do it.

1. Pennzoil
2. Castrol
3. Mobil
4. Supertech

I numbered it that way in case you need to do a 3 way mix at some point (Not sure of capacity). I like to use oldest first. Supertech is last instead of 3rd for no particular reason.

At least that's how I would do it.
The pennzoil and Castrol will just about fill it. I may need 1/2 a quart of the mobil.

I think the GX is 8.5 qts with filter

Back