Mix 1 Quart of M1 VTwin 20-50 Oil with M1 0-40 Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Shannow that M1 4T 10W-40 would be a good choice. Since it is expensive, I would probably prefer to get an Amsoil membership and use one of their products instead. I do believe Amsoil generally makes superior products than all major oil blenders. The M1 0W-40 mixed with a quart of M1 4T 20W-50 is a decent idea and least expensive of the options I’ve mentioned.

Originally Posted By: bennybigb
Wow, I thought Mobil 1 was a very good inexpensive synthetic oil, apparently that is not the case?

What would be a better option for a reasonably priced, readily available synthetic oil suitable for the track?

Thanks for all the info thus far!

It is. Don't let one guy's baseless opinion make you think otherwise.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: bennybigb
Wow, I thought Mobil 1 was a very good inexpensive synthetic oil, apparently that is not the case?

What would be a better option for a reasonably priced, readily available synthetic oil suitable for the track?

Thanks for all the info thus far!

It is. Don't let one guy's baseless opinion make you think otherwise.

Baseless?? All it takes is a simple search on here and you'll see countless posts about excessive engine noise, high iron readings in lab reports etc! I used to love M1, but in the past few years its just not the same. It makes EVERY engine I put it in noisy! I've tried it many times just to prove to myself. And don't tell me its anecdotal or not an issue, a noisy engine is not good in my book period! And when I switch to Pennzoil Ultra or Platinum the same engine magically quiets down and gets smoother!

... And it's NOT synthetic.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Last edited:
You and Arco should get a room … nobody else cares what you two have to say … lots of crazy stuff about engines that evaporated when I did X …

Originally Posted By: racin4ds

Baseless?? All it takes is a simple search on here and you'll see countless posts about excessive engine noise, high iron readings in lab reports etc! I used to love M1, but in the past few years its just not the same. It makes EVERY engine I put it in noisy! I've tried it many times just to prove to myself. And don't tell me its anecdotal or not an issue, a noisy engine is not good in my book period! And when I switch to Pennzoil Ultra or Platinum the same engine magically quiets down and gets smoother!

Yes, baseless. I've torn down engines run on M1 0w-40 and they were spotless with no discernible wear. These were relatively high specific output built Ford 302's with reasonably aggressive roller camshafts.

I've also used it in numerous vehicles I've owned and observed none of the "noise" that you allude to being of epidemic proportions but really comes from a small circle of posters on here, given the membership size.

When I run out of Castrol 0w-40, I'll likely run it in my 470HP 6.4L Dodge, and if I end up trading that for a 707HP Trackhawk variant, I'll have no problem running it in that. I have confidence in the product based on actual experience with it, not silly anecdotes about noise and wild speculation about Fe numbers in UOA's.

All of the Euro 0w-40's on the market offer exceptional levels of performance as required by the certifications they carry. That's why they are used in various racing venues by OEM's, like the 24hrs of Daytona. I'll take that over wild speculation on the Internet any day of the week.

Or my driver who did 745k on M1 0w40 and traded the car running fine …

The noise thing… I actually tested and PUP louder than M1 in a Ford and GM …

I’m still waiting for these guys with long theories on everything else to explain the source of this noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back