Mitsubishi Mirage for Basic Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent thanks guys for your recommendations. I figured on cars that were high volume (Camry, Civic) parts would be available forever, but I wasn't sure about the low volume ones like the Versa/Yaris. Thanks for giving me that info.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by parimento1
The Nissan Note is no longer being sold and am worried about parts.

If this is you main concern, you will never find a car. Cars go out of production all the time. There is no guarantee they will be around in 10 years, but parts shouldn't be a problem. Heck, people owning Studebakers or even Motel Ts still keep them on the road.

Amen. Still able to find parts for my 63 Valiant. Many are being reproduced. And my 86 Olds Calais.

The Note is based on the Versa which, beyond soft parts and sheet metal, means running gear, transmissions,engine and maintenance parts will be plentiful and available with a little effort.

Mitsubishi is a global brand with production in a lot of countries. It's sales footprint here in the US is far greater that Fiat's and I suspect more than Land Rover and Jaguar as well.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/global_network/?intcid2=globalnetwork

Last edited:
I love these little cars! I just wish I was in a situation where I could make one work for a DD!

These cars are a huge world car. You will never have an issue finding parts for them.

Originally Posted by Miller88
I love these little cars! I just wish I was in a situation where I could make one work for a DD!

Are you sure you're talking about the Mitsubishi Mirage? Certainly YMMV but I find them completely unaesthetic... and I like small cars..

Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT

Are you sure you're talking about the Mitsubishi Mirage? Certainly YMMV but I find them completely unaesthetic... and I like small cars..

I am very curious to drive one. I will have to test drive it, when it is safe to leave my house. I want to see if it drives worse than my smart car.

I am very curious to drive one. I will have to test drive it, when it is safe to leave my house. I want to see if it drives worse than my smart car.

It's safe to leave the house now if you stay 6 feet away from other people. What year Smart? I have had both 1st and 2nd generation models and enjoy how they drive. Kinda like having a go-kart for the street, able to dart through traffic and park in spots impossible for normal cars. Maybe the the 3rd generation is even better. Try driving one of those too.

Originally Posted by atikovi

It's safe to leave the house now if you stay 6 feet away from other people. What year Smart? I have had both 1st and 2nd generation models and enjoy how they drive. Kinda like having a go-kart for the street, able to dart through traffic and park in spots impossible for normal cars. Maybe the the 3rd generation is even better. Try driving one of those too.

I have the 2nd gen. I drove the 3rd gen and it drives like a dream. It drives like a real car! Sadly, they decided to close up shop and sell to the Chinese. It was never marketed right in the US. Should have stuck with big cities only and made it a super niche brand with its own dealers. Selling a 12k smart car with a Mercedes S600 and paying MB service prices is nuts

Originally Posted by UG_Passat
Doug DeMuro really hates the car. His video review is just him complaining the whole time.

Doug has a lot of quirks and features

If you're in NYC, where are you commuting to that requires a car?

If you don't live near a fast train station, or in 2.5 out of the 5 boroughs, you kinda still need one

Sad, but true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back