Mitsubishi mirage air filter

Just purchased a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 with 30k miles on it. As I usually like to do I did a little tune up. It seems possible that the filter on the left is original as it is the factory Denso, but who knows. Replacement is also a factory Denso branded filter.

Mirage air filter.JPG

This is my third mirage in the last 6 years. But my first G4 (sedan). I like them quite a bit. The simplest new car you can buy. They aren't for everyone but weirdos like me enjoy them.

Gas mileage is obviously great. I just got this one so time will tell. But in the past I would get 41mpg in town with lots of short trips. up to 48mpg on a longer backroads trip if I recall correctly.

I've bought plenty of certified or "fully gone through and serviced" used vehicles only to find engine air filters that looked like that or far worse.

Funny though. I bought a used low mileage 1989 Dodge Colt (mitsu mirage) back in 1991. It had a large metal and paper engine air filter kind of shaped like a top hat. I remember that sucker being like $30 back then.

How are you likking the G4 ? Gas mileage ? The Mirage and G4 are distinctive . Enjoy

I've seen people buy them then throw some aftermarket modifications to make them handle much better. They sell all sorts of aftermarket parts for the Mirage on CarID

the ones we sold have all been 100% reliable so far... we had 1 failure (crash sensor) but there was a recall for them that the car in question never got.

A buddy of mine has one and has developed a cult like fondness for it. It's been extremely reliable and, he says, fun to drive. It isn't fast but has an old-school hatchback, stick shift, simple appeal. I can understand that.

Last edited:
They're not my favourite but they are reliable, cheap and lightweight. Too much body roll for my liking, which a macpherson can't really deal with.

They're fast compared to most in that class and with similar HP because of the low weight though.

Back