Mistaken identity on a plane

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Just a funny occurrence. I am sitting on a plane while it boards, listening to khil radio out of Wilcox, AZ on their web app, and I get "whapped" in the thigh. It's four across seating and I am in a window seat, with gentlemen sitting in the aisle seat next to me.

I look up, and it was a younger lady that whapped me in the thigh. Seems she thought I was someone else. She was super embarrassed. We all had a good laugh.

Just a funny occurrence. I am sitting on a plane while it boards, listening to khil radio out of Wilcox, AZ on their web app, and I get "whapped" in the thigh. It's four across seating and I am in a window seat, with gentlemen sitting in the aisle seat next to me.

I look up, and it was a younger lady that whapped me in the thigh. Seems she thought I was someone else. She was super embarrassed. We all had a good laugh.
Years ago I mistook a woman at my gym for my wife. My wife was upset not because it was an honest case of mistaken identity but because of how large the woman was. haha.

Had a case of mistaken identity couple days ago.
My sister in law was over to help with the recent (in unpacking stage now) move.
At one point at the very corner of my eye I thought I saw my wife.
So, naturally, I had the sudden urge to slap her butt 🍑.
...but as I turned more - I saw that my wife is in another room, suddenly realized that it was her sister I'm about to slap on the peach, and my hand is already traveling at full velocity towards the target...
Idk how I managed to stop my hand so close without actually slapping her behind 😂
We all had a good laugh about it. I told them to start wearing different outfits from now on.

The fact that you can both laugh about it and not get all wound up is the best part. In today's world, too many folks get all butt-hurt about the silliest little mistakes and they go off in some lame attempt to be important; as if their social media "like" count depends on it. People need to relax and just let water roll off the duck's back for things like this. Good for both of you for being mature and sharing a laugh.

I was once miss-identified as a famous Italian chef in Italy. 🇮🇹
Chefboyardeepic.jpg

I am sitting on a plane while it boards, listening to khil radio out of Wilcox, AZ on their web app.....

You seem a bit obsessed with southern Arizona. Wilcox? Pretty low bar.

Az game & fish trapped 40 of our local pronghorn and relocated them against their will to Wilcox. Bastids.

Might want to check out Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Chino Valley in Central Az.

Reactions: GON
You seem a bit obsessed with southern Arizona. Wilcox? Pretty low bar.

Az game & fish trapped 40 of our local pronghorn and relocated them against their will to Wilcox. Bastids.

Might want to check out Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Chino Valley in Central Az.
Yes, you are spot on----we flew out to Nogales to look at a home last Saturday... I can't afford your neck of the woods.

Last time I was in Flagstaff there was a measurable snow storm.......... not something I want to be party to if I can avoid it.

The station in Wilcox is really enjoyable. Great old country music, replays of Paul Harvey's the rest of the story, and comedy from many different "down home" comedians.

Thanks for the recommendation (Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Chino Valley in Central Az).

Of note, even though Colorado is the seconds highest state housing market (MACRO) in the US, only behind Hawaii, Arizona likely leads the nation in the quick contracting of single family homes for sale. In track multiple markets in AZ and 16 other states, and homes in AZ all contract in a week if they are decent homes and priced right. Any home in AZ that doesn't go under contract in five days or less has a noticeable flaw, or is simply mis-priced.

And finally, we started out search four years ago for our retirement home in the $250-325k range. We have had to raise the range to $425k to 650k. Single family home market has never been stronger.

And finally, we started out search four years ago for our retirement home in the $250-325k range. We have had to raise the range to $425k to 650k. Single family home market has never been stronger.
You better get a move on and buy something SOON. The house that we bought in central Florida for $379,000 just over 2 years ago is now valued at $529,000. Also they've no longer building any new single family homes in this area that I can find. Everything being built now is either apartments or "townhomes" (for OVER $400,000) and they've building them literally right up to the sidewalks and all of them are adjoining with no set backs on the side.

• Helpful
Yes, you are spot on----we flew out to Nogales to look at a home last Saturday... I can't afford your neck of the woods.

Thanks for the recommendation (Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Chino Valley in Central Az)

A border town?? Jeez man. Real estate might be inexpensive but is that enough to live somewhere?

If I had to be in southern AZ I'd be looking at Sierra Vista area.

Chino Valley has what you need, large lots no HOA so you can do what you want. Animals, cars, paint your house purple, whatever.

Edit to add our home value has dropped $50k since last May. A year ago here a property would sell in less than a week at list and likely above, now they take 8+ weeks with price reductions. Owners still hoping for peak prices.

Last edited:
A border town?? Jeez man. Real estate might be inexpensive but is that enough to live somewhere?

Chino Valley has what you need, large lots no HOA so you can do what you want. Animals, cars, paint your house purple, whatever.
Yep-Border towns are not generally known as garden spots......

Edit to add our home value has dropped $50k since last May. A year ago here a property would sell in less than a week at list and likely above, now they take 8+ weeks with price reductions. Owners still hoping for peak prices.
AZJ,

I am on a budget. We don't have kids in school anymore, empty nesters.

One has to define the term border town. This Nogales home is actually not near the border, actually closer to Patagonia (and Patagonia Lake). We stopped by Patagonia Lake, just 2.5 miles from the home, and it was incredible lake in the desert. Fishing, swimming, boating, camping, picnicking, and walking trails. The area around the home was super nice. I can handle the label "border town". As long as it's not barter town (Mad Maxx).

This is the home we looked at. We came prepared to make an offer (if I could talk my Wife into it). Walked away without wanting to buy.
Every single thing was "wrong" with this home, and I clearly state every single thing. The pictures don't show the issues, from long term water damage to rodent infestation. Although built in 2007, the home appears to have never had any maintenance ever performed. The only quality I could find were solid interior core doors. Even the well pump was continually running, yet no water was being used (did have a cistern, so maybe that was being filled).

If this home had a better floorplan, or placed on the lot better, maybe make a lowball offer. But this home, on eight acres, would be a struggle for me to even park my three tow behind under 20 foot trailers.

My cousin and I look alike enough to be brothers.

My daughters were young the first time they met him and it definitely confused them. The whole looking at both of us and not believing their eyes. Throughout the day they even went up to him when looking for me.

Well that's different worlds.

We did a southern AZ loop a year ago and a couple of days at Patagonia Lake was on the schedule but I buried the tip of an agave spear in a finger and had to come home.

Good luck with your search. I know at mid 60s and retired I want NO PART of wells and septic systems.

My cousin and I look alike enough to be brothers.

My daughters were young the first time they met him and it definitely confused them. The whole looking at both of us and not believing their eyes. Throughout the day they even went up to him when looking for me.
Same thing in my family.

When my daughter was really young she used to ask, "Is that my daddy or is THAT my daddy." :unsure:

Back