Missing WIfe - Frantic Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
A husband went to the police station to report his missing wife:

Husband : I’ve lost my wife, she went shopping yesterday and has still not come home.

Sergeant : What is her height ?

Husband : Oh, 5 something . . .

Sergeant : Build?

Husband : Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant : Color of eyes?

Husband : Never noticed.

Sergeant : Color of hair?

Husband : Changes according to season.

Sergeant : What was she wearing?

Husband : Ah, ah, blue jeans -- I don’t remember exactly.

Sergeant : Did she go in a car?

Husband : yes.

Sergeant : What kind of car was it?

Husband : 2015 Corvette Stingray 3LT with the Z51 Performance Package, shark gray metallic paint, with the 6.2 litre V8 engine with Direct Injection generating 460 HP. 8-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission, and GT bucket seats, and has a very thin scratch on the front left door.……………. at this point the husband started crying...

Sergeant : Don't worry sir.......We’ll find your car .

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The guy let his wife take the 'Vette!?

The vette is Too much car for todays congested roads. Would be boring to drive.

I bought my used Corvette (same price as a new Honda Accord, and I got a 36,000 mile warrenty on it) for a work commuter car. It was always fun driving home after a bad day at work!

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The vette is Too much car for todays congested roads. Would be boring to drive.

Seems like any fast car fits into this category. The way I see most people driving a Trabant would be more than adequate, catering to their extreme fear of the accelerator pedal.

About a month agoI had a new Vette fly by me. I was going 70 mph and I was passed like I was stopped. The wake when the Vette hit my car was impressive. The new Vette is really fast

grin.gif

The majority of Vettes I see around here, and please take no offense guys, are driven by old men in hats.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
The majority of Vettes I see around here, and please take no offense guys, are driven by old men in hats.

I had a Corvette when I was 18-21. Then married, three kids, station wagons and Vans, then 35 years later, another Corvette.

I resemble that remark now (and all you young guys can envy me).

Last edited:
I saw a brand new one two days ago - white. What a nice looking car! This one was driven by a youngish guy.

I should add that when I see those guys in the driving caps - often smoking cigars - in their Vettes I pass them since they are usually poking along below the speed limit. I guess once you've "arrived" you have to be sure you're seen so all the young women can swoon over you.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner

I had a Corvette when I was 18-21. Then married, three kids, station wagons and Vans, then 35 years later, another Corvette.

I resemble that remark now (and all you young guys can envy me).

Envy? Naah...but I DO love the facial expression when you cannot reel in a 4500lb Cadillac on a long onramp.
laugh.gif

I pass 'vettes on on-ramps in my 99 hp Datsun. I don't see anybody driving "sprightly" these days. Kills my 1/2 hour commute back to fifty minutes.

That is because they can afford them and they are compensating. Yeah I am at that age where I am in need of a new Vette but then I realize who cares about an ugly old man in a new Vette. My daughter says I would look stupid. But then she says I look stupid on a horse, motorcycle, boat and not to talk to anyone because they all think that I am stupid. She is probably right.

"My daughter says I would look stupid. But then she says I look stupid on a horse, motorcycle, boat and not to talk to anyone because they all think that I am stupid. She is probably right."

Nope, just a teenage daughter.
smile.gif

Yup-mostly the old foggies I've seen driving newer Corvettes. The younger guys around here want something european it seems. I'm in the upper midwest and one of my pleasures is driving a great road car-but always heading west of here where much of the country is mostly depopulated and empty of traffic-no freeways/interstates for me, but the old east/west US highways...numbers-2-10-12-20-30(Lincoln Highway)40-50 mostly-and the old north/south-even good county roads=much more enjoyable driving. I don't willingly drive east into higher density areas anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back