Minnesota brethren: sound off on today's heat wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I returned from Spokane around 11pm last night to find the air as sticky and heavy as an elephants rump roaming the Sahara (not a clue if elephants truly sweat, just to be clear). Yikes!

Having lived in the Cities my whole life, I'm quite used to the summer heat and humidity. This, however, is insane. In 30 years I don't recall any summer being this hot this early. Sure, there's always outliers to look back on, however this feels different. It's actually been less humid while the temps continuing to rise. We're all aware of the rapid decline of water levels facing much of the country, MN being no different. I'm already hearing from my farmer friends that we should expect a massive shortage come fall: entire fields are already dying due to lack of rain.

Expect things to keep getting worse, folks. We've long surpassed the "if" stage of our increasingly dire economic situation. Far as I see, we're waist deep in the "when" stage, meaning NOW. All that's left is to find a way to get everyone in charge to sit down and ask HOW. How did this happen, how have we lost our way, and how do we work together to not only reach but IMPLEMENT a viable solution.

Fantasy land, sure. But it sounds nice!

We've had an early hot summer here too. We were stuck in a heat wave last week with mid to high 90's, very unusual this time of year. Brief cooldown over the weekend, low 80's, which is more normal. Back to mid 90's through Saturday this week with no rain in sight. Probably won't have to mow the grass much this next week or two...

I live in Blue Earth Mn It's on I 90 in the southern part of the state . I have 2 weather stations 1 is cheaper Chinese but it works good . The other is a high price Davis Both are set to National Weather Service guideline . Both had a High Today of 100.5 Dew point at 75 and the Heat index at 111 . Needless to say I did what I had to do out side before 9 AM and came in and stayed in the house Its now 10 PM and still 88 out side heat index is 93 house is a nice 72 PS Was to wet this spring the farmers couldn't get in the fields a lot didn't get all of the the crops in . Now it's turning hot and dry that equals a BIG DISASTER CAN YOU SAY FOOD SHORTAGES

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back