Milwaukee M12 Brushless Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are if you use them alot. Milwaukee tools are really well built but they like many companies have started building in China and Mexico then the quality tends to drop.

If you use them a couple times a year then you might consider a cheaper brand. They are nice when using them though.

That seems expensive.

There was a YouTube video explaining the differances between the Brushed and Brushless drills.
Í have trouble embeding videos from my tablet, so I won't post it.

My conclusion was. Brushless has a little more power and run time v and equivalent brushed drill. But was dependant on it's circuit board.
If used in an outdoor, wet enviroment, the brushed drill could be more reliable.

As I have stated before here.I have had the Ridgid 18v combo set for many years, the price was good, the lifetime warranty has been great and the power and run time has been very adequate for my needs.

I use either the drill or the impact or both just about every day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JXW
Need feedback to determine if this cordless is worth the price, $229 for the drill impact combo.

Thanks!

If your going to slowly acquire a collection of cordless tools, I would go for the Milwaukee M18 Fuel. How much difference between the M12 Fuel (which means brushless) and the M18 Fuel.

Then you can get M18 Fuel (or just M18) bare tools.

Buy separate stripped M12 tools off EBAY.Usually far cheaper than the tool/battery/charger/case combos.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Buy separate stripped M12 tools off EBAY.Usually far cheaper than the tool/battery/charger/case combos.

Well you need a battery (or 2) and charger to start.

I have found new ones on CL also.

Originally Posted By: JXW
Need feedback to determine if this cordless is worth the price, $229 for the drill impact combo.

Thanks!

If you do decide to go with the M12, I have a new kit I'm trying to sell at $180. Add shipping it's yours or depending how far north you are can pick it up in person in Bay City. Just an offer. Model 2597-22 looks like the same one your looking at based on price your giving.

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/5495107703.html

Last edited:
I have Rigid brand 18V brushless drill/impact driver combo kit and I can tell you the run time is unbelievable. They seem to go and go and go, and still don't need to be charged. The comparison is is against my old Milwaukee 18v ni-cad set which was absolutely horrible, couldn't finish anything without needing a battery charge or more; and my 12v Bosch tools which are Li-ion and run a good amount of time but don't have near the power or features of these Rigid tools. Brushless gets 2 thumbs up here!

i have the M12 hex impact and the cordless drill. Both are the normal brushed ones, But i'm only here to encourage you to get them.

My m12 hex impact is rated probably in the 75ft/lb range. I wanna say it can put out maybe 50ft/lbs easily. I run a 3/8 drive bit and any bolt/screw on in the engine with between 8-14mm it takes off with no issues. It just speeds up my time so much more.

I bought my combo for $100 with 2 battery. I used an OLD heavy C3 Craftsman 18v drill before this and this m12 puts out just as much power but like 1/4 of the weight. I can only imagine what the brushless ones can do, probaly rated near 110ft/lb and should be able to take everything on the upper side of the engine.

I would of gotten the m18 if i didn't have a IR2135 and a astro nano 3/8 now. Get the m12 if you want decent size and power. Get the m18 if you want the power!

I have the M12/18 set of tools, really all impacts except one hex driver unit that can be used as a drill. I have a dewalt nano based drill,a nd I generally prefer corded where I can.

Is the fuel, brushless type necessary? I personally have never found brushes to be an issue, assuming they can be serviced.

The tools are strong and work well. If youre not going to be a heavy user, and don't have big concerns about runtime or absolute max power, the brush type tools may be somewhat cheaper and a better buy. That said, the M12/18 system should be out for a while, this sort of a form factor seems to be looking more and more like a rough industry standard design (until they decide they can implement planned obsolescence again), and there are lots of tools for this system.

Personally, Id go M12 brushed impact unless the brushless is not a lot more money, and then go M18 brushless 3/8 and 1/2 impact. That's what I have, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back