Milwaukee Gen 2 Mid Torque Impact - 1/2”

This is part #2962-20.

I used to own the Gen 1 and sold it to a friend. This one is quieter and noticeably more powerful. So far, I have only used it on lug nuts so I have not been able to do any serious testing. But I will update the thread as time goes on.

The new LED light is also a nice bonus.

Attachments

• ACD9EEF6-00B4-4C60-BF28-E88A2EF31EE4.jpeg
    ACD9EEF6-00B4-4C60-BF28-E88A2EF31EE4.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 56
  • AF910B5E-D2FC-42AC-A34F-F4C8D81EF464.jpeg
    AF910B5E-D2FC-42AC-A34F-F4C8D81EF464.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 57
The old one was on sale at $129 at one point at Home Depot. Didn't see any point to getting it at the time.

I think the new one has an extra 100 foot pounds for tightening and an extra 50 for nut busting over the old model.

Do you notice any difference between a regular XC battery and a high output one?

The old one was on sale at $129 at one point at Home Depot. Didn't see any point to getting it at the time.

I think the new one has an extra 100 foot pounds for tightening and an extra 50 for nut busting over the old model.

Do you notice any difference between a regular XC battery and a high output one?
I only own M18 5.0 batteries, so I am not sure.

I haven't seen any really good deals on the high output batteries. I was either going to get an 8 amp hour one or 6. Right now there's supposed to be a deal at Home Depot for $200 for both the 12 and the 8, but I think it's back to regular price. Might go on sale again and maybe I'll pick that up and just get rid of the 12.

Why get 'probably fine' when you can get one that can flip a house?
Well it's kinda heavy to carry around all day when you don't need that kind of torque. But I suppose you could consider it a workout. I used to get annoyed at some co-workers who would ask for lighter laptops because they didn't want to carry the weight. Thought they were wimps, the heavier laptops had bigger screens, better batteries, etc., but all they cared about was the heavier weight they had to lug around.

Why get 'probably fine' when you can get one that can flip a house?
The bigger the gun the less useful it becomes when it comes to automotive work, the mid size guns are the most useful by far.
A gun that is a foot long and weighs 8lb isnt much use under the hood and in tight places so it is relegated to a few fasteners under the car, on smaller bolts they tend to break them off instead of rattling them out.

The bigger the gun the less useful it becomes when it comes to automotive work, the mid size guns are the most useful by far.
A gun that is a foot long and weighs 8lb isnt much use under the hood and in tight places so it is relegated to a few fasteners under the car, on smaller bolts they tend to break them off instead of rattling them out.
I get what you are saying. But that's not the main reason why I love the 2767. In open spaces, I want anything and everything to fly off. For tight spaces, I use the 2853. Way smaller and lighter than any impact wrench and plenty of torgue.

Toque is totally irrelevant when when it comes to impact guns, it is an almost fraudulent advertising measurement not applicable to these tools. Proof?
When the 1400ft lb impact will not remove a bolt and you have to get out the breaker bar to remove it that is the proof.
I guarantee you are not now or ever exerting 1400ftlb of torque on a 1/2 drive 24inch breaker bar.

I haven't seen any really good deals on the high output batteries. I was either going to get an 8 amp hour one or 6. Right now there's supposed to be a deal at Home Depot for $200 for both the 12 and the 8, but I think it's back to regular price. Might go on sale again and maybe I'll pick that up and just get rid of the 12.
Northern Tool has a good sale on M18 batteries, with gift card money coming back to you with purchase

Toque is totally irrelevant when when it comes to impact guns, it is an almost fraudulent advertising measurement not applicable to these tools. Proof?
When the 1400ft lb impact will not remove a bolt and you have to get out the breaker bar to remove it that is the proof.
I guarantee you are not now or ever exerting 1400ftlb of torque on a 1/2 drive 24inch breaker bar.

So true! BTDT too many times.

Back