Milwaukee cordless Vacuum

Picked up this Milwaukee Vacuum ( tool only) for just under $90 US on Amazon. It uses a M12 battery which I already have for a couple of other tools. Right now it’s doing ant pickup duty while I plug a couple of ant entry ways. Very powerful suction and a flapper valve to keep the critters in. It’s actually pretty comical; now to see it, now you don’t. The ants get unloaded unscathed. My wife loves zapping the ants with it. :D

9328F9CD-7314-461E-AF6F-014433E594D9.jpegED9B1E86-BAED-47F4-B12B-308625D9EB8D.jpeg5F701F26-01A4-416B-A91D-A1E40CEA87CF.jpegF57742B7-2685-4EE4-B76E-615FEB181C93.jpeg

Looks handy to have.
I'm always looking at how technology is changing and how I can benefit.
I thought those small vacuums were invented by NASA to use in space.

We have a cordless Dewalt at work. It’s one of those things you laugh at at first, but the no cord thing is super handy.

Apparently the first revision could also be plugged in and charge batteries. The mew version does not do this. Seems backwards.

I like the makita stick vacuums personally for in the home, but same concept.

I have an m18 box type vacuum (brush type) in the garage, which runs really long and well on an 8ah battery. I found a really good deal on the brushless m12 box vacuum at HD around Memorial Day. It came with a 6Ah m12 battery, and is much conveniently smaller in size for vacuuming car interiors on the fly. The M12 brushless performs as well as the brushed m18 in terms of suction and airflow.

None of these replace a good corded vacuum. They’re just convenient for different locations and uses.

yes I have that m12 milwaukee and I loved it until someone told me it relatively sucked..
so I got a dewalt and its about 3x the power.. they have a new one that's 2x the power of my dewalt now.

Its all about convenience Can pull it out and be done vacuuming before you even get a corded plugged in.

I have hardwood so always dust bunnies and such in corners.

I needed to hear this, as I am in the market and I HATE wasting money on the wrong purchase.
The only corded vac they don’t replace is the huge 20 gallon shop vacs with the 2” hose. I have used both the Milwaukee m18 and desalt 20v cordless vacs. They are way better than they tiny shop vacs with those cloth filters.

I needed to hear this, as I am in the market and I HATE wasting money on the wrong purchase.
Well, it depends upon what you’re using it for. Call me eccentric, but I have three of the makita 18v stick vacuums, and two Milwaukee box vacuums. I like clean and I like convenient. The stick vacumms are one per floor and one in the basement. The milwaukee vacs are in two garages.

But I still have a shop vac for the basement, a Miele canister for the first floor hardwood, and a Panasonic beater bar upright for the carpeted parts upstairs. Oh, and a festool hepa to go with the tools.

Thats a lot of tools… but tools in the toolbox. The makita vacs get used daily. Especially the downstairs one. Amazing what it picks up, and we have a strict no shoes in the house policy…

what the small battery vacs do is reduce the amount of time and how often we need to get the big ones out. Now, do we have too many? Probably. Could we have just sucked it up and use one machine on various levels (I live in an old school suburban home, so walk down basement, two living floors, and a walk up attic, plus detached garage)? Sure. But I’ve collected various things for various reasons over the years, and it works.

But at the end of the day, when I want ensured performance and runtime, I’ll go to my corded vacuums every single time.

The only corded vac they don’t replace is the huge 20 gallon shop vacs with the 2” hose. I have used both the Milwaukee m18 and desalt 20v cordless vacs. They are way better than they tiny shop vacs with those cloth filters.
I used to have a DeWalt 20v vac with 120 plug. It was nothing to write home about power wise. Got rid of it when they changed battery design and I got new tools.

I bought the non brushed m18 because I already used Milwaukee M18 for my automotive tools and lights. It’s good, better than the DeWalt, but it is loud, and it’s still a clunky box. They came out with a (more expensive) brushless M18 that I’m sure is the bees knees. But what I like to use the battery Milwaukee vac for is spot cleaning the cars. Pick it up, vac for 30 seconds, put it away. And most of that dirt is just sand or small pollen type natural stuff. I don’t need gallons of capacity. That’s why I bought the M12. It’s an ideal form factor. The size I wanted but couldn’t find when I bought my old DeWalt 20/120 vac, and the Milwaukee m18. It’s much smaller, but has about the same lift as my m18 brushed vac. The m18 brushless is a good deal more powerful but I can’t justify the cost. If I really want to deep Clean and get grit and sand out of car carpets, I will use the 6hp shop vac and work the carpets hard for a long time. Longer than a battery will allow. I’ve found d that for small, quick point work, the m12 brushless/m18 brushed will suffice. But size and convenience factor goes to the m12.

Well, it depends upon what you’re using it for.
Mainly for vacuuming out cars. I hate vacuuming out cars. And I hate cheap tools and/or tools that make me work harder than necessary.
Our house is small, with a smaller double car garage. Not a lot of room for a big fat shop vac. I have a 10x20 shed in the back.

Your thoughts?

Mainly for vacuuming out cars. I hate vacuuming out cars. And I hate cheap tools and/or tools that make me work harder than necessary.
Our house is small, with a smaller double car garage. Not a lot of room for a big fat shop vac. I have a 10x20 shed in the back.

Your thoughts?
The Milwaukee m18 will run a while with an 8ah baytery. But that’s more expense.

I like the battery vac for a less than two minute vacuuming job. Primarily because I’m lazy and don’t want to plug in and deal with an extension cord. But any real amount of vacuuming and I’ll use the real vac.

If moneybwas no object I’d get the packout m18 brushless and a big 8ah battery. Oh, and a long extension hose.

You don’t want to clunk around the box very far, so I got this:
Cen-Tec Systems 94192 Quick Click 16 Ft. Hose for Home and Shop Vacuums with Multi-Brand Power Tool Adapter for Dust Collection, Silver, Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NZZZ5Z...abc_YWJAM6NPPZNBMNAGS1CQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Friction fits over the end and gives a far reach.

It all depends upon how far and wide you want to go with it. If not, then just get a tiny shop vac. I’ve cleaned lots of cars with the 1 gal 1hp unit. No batteries, no long term costs. Easy. But if you want to take it places, Id currently say the m12 6ah kit for $179.

and an extension hose, unless Your budget sways you to the brushless m18, and you’re willing to deal with the size (Marginally bigger).

Back