Milwaukee 8" metal cutting saw and 8-1/4" blades

D60

I've got the M18 version of this saw, it was one of those tools they couldn't release until they figured out bigger batts like the 8.0 and 12.0's. Previously I had the corded version but I donated it once I got the M18

Anyway I happened upon some Concord branded blades on AWD (Amazon Warehouse Deals) months ago and bought them figuring they were worth a shot. I was sure they'd fit as the arbor is the same and we're only talking 1/8" on a side.

Well I went to mount one today and it wouldn't fit. It was SOOOO close I was unwilling to admit defeat. I ripped apart the excessive guarding around the blade so I could see what was going on.

There's a silver steel plate with a small vertical wall that prevents the blade from making it. I removed the plate which comes off easily with the three readily-visible screws, trimmed off the small offending wall, and reinstalled the plate.

Then there's just a small bit of the body casting where the blade BARELY hangs up. I was literally going to let this self clearance as it's aluminum (or magnesium alloy?) but the soft start motor couldn't overcome it so I took my carbide bur to it -- resolved in 3 seconds.

The problem with metalworkers is that metal is stubborn but we're more stubborn.....

I just ripped a 4' cut in 3/16" plate and it works fine (shrug).
20220205_142814.jpg
20220205_144525.jpg
20220205_144507.jpg
20220205_144109.jpg
20220205_145516.jpg

You use the saw for cutting off the piece with the holes in it? Much noise? One winter, working the night shift at the shipyard, I used a corded PortaCable 8 1/2" worm drive circular saw to cut 2 '' lead reactor shielding to size. Slow but quiet and very easy to use considering its weight

You use the saw for cutting off the piece with the holes in it? Much noise? One winter, working the night shift at the shipyard, I used a corded PortaCable 8 1/2" worm drive circular saw to cut 2 '' lead reactor shielding to size. Slow but quiet and very easy to use considering its weight
Yes, and very noisy

Back