Milk drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey does anyone drink MILK,the drink of the gods ,I enjoy about 2 gallons of skim every 7 days..Heck atleast I wont have a hunch back or shrink,HA......BL

S-man - Somehow your link didn't work.

What is this A1 protein? I rarely drink cows milk. What is A2 milk?

Sometimes I drink vanilla soy milk - it's great on cereal.

we use about half a pint a week at our place.

All of us get the squirts when we have much more.

cheese and yoghurt don't mess with us, and so that's how we get dairy.

(Pablo, there's a superfluous full stop after the URL that got incorporated in the link. Delete it and it works).

Who was the freak who looked at a cow and first decided to drink what came out of it? Drinking secretions from another species, just a tad disturbing you must admit.

(Don't even get me started on CHEESE!)

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
Who was the freak who looked at a cow and first decided to drink what came out of it? Drinking secretions from another species, just a tad disturbing you must admit.

(Don't even get me started on CHEESE!)

How about eggs?
grin.gif

A guy comes home and sits down for dinner and sees a strange looking kind of meat on his plate.

He asks "What's this."

Wife replies "That's tongue"

He says, "Take it away, I won't eat anything that comes out of an animals mouth"

Wife asks "what do you want instead of the tongue?"

He replies, "Gimmie an omelette."

I drink 1/2 a glass before bed, if I do it in the morning... well people start to dislike me after a few hours.. hehe.. Cheese though.. I can eat a whole block of cheese in one setting but that tends to cause the opposite, so I can only do that once a month. I grew up on a farm so I can eat pretty much anything, its all food any which you look at it, meat is meat.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
S-man - Somehow your link didn't work.

What is this A1 protein? I rarely drink cows milk. What is A2 milk?

Sometimes I drink vanilla soy milk - it's great on cereal.

Have you tried Silk Very Vanilla soy milk I love it straight up or on cereal

We give it to our son before bed (8 oz/day).

Personally I can't stand the taste of it, I only use it on cereal, in coffee (preferably cream), or with chocolate mix (either chocolate milk or hot cocoa/chocolate, which I have infrequently). My wife likes it and will have an occasional glass.

OTOH, I love cheese (aged cheddar, asiago, jalapeno-jack). My wife prefers Colby-Jack.

Homemade ice-cream is by far our preferred way to use up a carton
worshippy.gif
My dad is diabetic and can't eat store-bought ice cream, but home-made doesn't affect his blood sugar near as much. 3 bowls of homemade raises his blood sugar less that 1/2 bowl of store-bought.
gr_eek2.gif

Problem with milk is excessive mucous and pain for those who are lactose intolerant, yogurt and Kefir are far better alternatives.

Actually Kamling raised a valid point, true vegetarian here abhor milk as well, calling it Cow's blood in a different color.

I don't measure amounts, so you'll have to wing it. Here are my basic ingredients:

1. Boil ox tails until done, strip meat and cube it.

2. Lightly brown cubed a couple handful of ox tail meat and one large cubed onion in butter in a large pot.

3. Take broth (ca 2 liter) and throw in a few large chunks of (cleaned) celery root, a couple carrots, laurel leaf, a few juniper berries, a couple peppercorns, a couple whole cloves. When the veggies are cooked squeeze all the junk through a medium-fine sieve.

4. Add the browned meat and onion to the broth. Throw in cubed carrots and maybe celery root and potatoes. Simmer until the veggies are done.

5. Add some sour ceam (real one, not the fake kind) and a shot vinegar to taste, season to taste (I like thyme and marjoram), throw in some finely chopped parsley and let boil for a moment -- done! If you want you can thicken the soup a little with starch, but if you used real stock that won't be necessary.

Mooo!

[ October 26, 2005, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: moribundman ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back