Military flyover

A friend told me about this a couple days ago and sent a map showing the route that would be taken. The formation flew over many hospitals to honor the staff. The map showed that it would come somewhere near my place. So I waited outside, in the 100* heat to see if I could get a glimpse as they flew by. I didn't take my phone out because I thought they would be too far away for pics or video. My neighbor was in his back yard as well for the possible show. After about about 10 minutes he says "Here they come!"

Holy moly! They flew RIGHT over my house! Literally seemed like half the formation was above left and the other above right! And LOW! I had to plug my ears so having the phone out would have made it pretty uncomfortable. Didn't expect this to begin with.

Very cool!

Link from local news with quite a bit of footage from around the city:

According to the map, they flew right over my house too (Mesa/Chandler). I forgot to run out and look though.

I enjoy watching out window when different planes come into nearby former Pease Air Force Base. It still has tanker wing.

We had a flyover yesterday . Two B-52's and two F-15's . Awesome sight .

They're coming over Atlanta and my southern suburb today around 1:30PM. I'll be out watching and listening for them.

The Thunderbirds and Blue Angels flew over the hospitals in the Atlanta area yesterday. My wife got to see em !!
I did not ...©
Had to work

Looking forward to seeing the T-Birds at a regular airshow in the Summer of 2021...

In any case, a long vid on the prep and flight over NYC last month:

Last edited:
^^^ Cool video with shots looking out from the cockpit.
thumbsup2.gif

Back