Milesyn SB 5w-30, 5100 miles, 07 Sienna V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Milesyn 5w-30 Synthetic Blend used for 5100 miles, all short trips between 5-10 miles in a 2007 Sienna V6 2GR-FE over a 6 month duration.
Vehicle is single-owner with 5-6k synthetic blend OCIs since day one. This UOA represents additives of 3oz LiquiMoly #2009 and 0.33oz (10ml) Max ZDDP. Oil capacity is 6.2 quarts. Filter was a Fram Ultra. Replacement oil was identical to above. Next spring, maybe I'll toss in a quart of 5w-40 to keep the viscosity in check.

07SiennaOilAnalysis10-15-2019.JPG

Even if the viscosity thinned out, wear metals look great. I wouldn't change a thing.

The title of the thread says Milesyn uoa but then we discover that other products were added in. You are not the only one that does this but the analysis doesn't truly represent Milesyn.

I would like to see the same run without the additional additives, I've thought Miles oil always looked like a pretty good deal. Although I've added a little LM Moly additive myself occasionally.

I have used about 25 qts of Milesyn Synthetic Blend 5W20 over past 1.5 years and oil analysis showed good results.

FWIW: To the best of my recollection, I've been using Milesyn in 5 gallon pails for about 7 years if not longer. Several years ago, 5 gallon buckets of the synthetic blend was about $42 and full synthetic was running about $64. I purchased several each in two different grades (0-20 and 5-30). With 5 cars in the family, each requiring 2-3 OCs per year, I go thru 12-15 gallons a year. I don't bother paying extra for TBN results because at 5000 miles it's 2.1 and at 6500 miles it's at 1.8. It's my personal choice that I like to pump-up the Zinc, Phosphorous and Moly a tiny bit.

The price of Milesyn has steadily increased. I just used the last of my 5w-30 and bought a couple cases of Costo Prime brand for the last 3 cars that will need OCs before winter hits. I hate messing with quart bottles though and am hoping to find a sale on Milesyn.

I have 24 quarts of this sitting around, waiting for me to go through other oils in my stash. I'd like to see a report without the additives also.

Originally Posted by Brons2
I have 24 quarts of this sitting around, waiting for me to go through other oils in my stash. I'd like to see a report without the additives also.

It will be virtually identical to what's above but the Moly will be very low and phosphorous and zinc will be about 100-150 points lower. Max ZDDP comes with PPM dilution instructions. The 10ml of ZDDP I add is calculated to bump both values about 100-150 PPM. The carrier oil in LiquiMoly is straight 30 oil and 3oz will have no discernible impact on 6.2 quarts of oil.

Here's the VOA info that Milesyn posts. Those were the base values I used to calculate the concentrations. The lab results confirm that my calculations were accurate.

https://mileslubricants.com/product/show/24

BTW: I've posted many other Milesyn UOA's (with additives) here and they're all searchable.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wemay
Even if the viscosity thinned out, wear metals look great. I wouldn't change a thing.

Yeah, I'd agree. It's just a shade under 9.3cSt for being an Xw30. If it bothers you terribly OP, sub a qt of oil for Xw40 or 50 even, or 8~16oz of a VII. But really, there's not much here to lose sleep over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back