Mileage report V10 m1 5-20 & 5-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I bought this excursion in May. We did 3 long distance trips Danville Va (May), Billings MT (Aug) and Albuquerque NM (Oct). I've run both M1 5-20 and M1 5-30. I've captured every detail of every fillup. Oil chgs, Auto-Rx treament & Maint doses, Gas treatments. Here's the link to the spreadsheet, see if you see any trends.

Excusion MPG report

Soft Landings to all

Ray
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Jason8691:
Whew! I almost bought a F250 witht the V10 in it, Im glad I didnt. That is really bad mileage!

That is one of the reasons I bought the diesel excursion. On a recent trip to Vegas with a full vehicle I averaged 18 mpg round trip. This was with one stop each way and about 70 mph up and down hills. Price for diesel was also much cheaper about 35 cents per gallon.

Wouldn't you save yourself a lot of time if you just poured the gas on the ground instead?
tongue.gif

Interesting. I wish more people would document their cars history like you.

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:

quote:

Whew! I almost bought a F250 witht the V10 in it, Im glad I didnt. That is really bad mileage!

That is one of the reasons I bought the diesel excursion. On a recent trip to Vegas with a full vehicle I averaged 18 mpg round trip. This was with one stop each way and about 70 mph up and down hills. Price for diesel was also much cheaper about 35 cents per gallon.

diesel is 15 cents a gallon more than regular unleaded here.

quote:

Originally posted by Brons2:

quote:

Originally posted by wulimaster:

quote:

diesel is 15 cents a gallon more than regular unleaded here.

Even at the truck stops? It's about 14 cents cheaper at the gas stations around here and much cheaper at the truck stops.

And I thought the New Volvo XC90 SUV with a Twin Turbo T6 262HP was doing poorly at 20 mpg highway. That V10 is a major pig.

Even thought the mileage STINKS. The ex is probably the best purpose built vehicle I've ever owned. I run a balloon ride business. I need to carry 7 - 9 people and pull atrailer and carry a bunch of stuff that shouldn't go in a trailer.

The vehicles of choice for ballooning are Excursions, Suburbans, Vans and Pickups.

Vans can carry people but with few exceptions don't have 4WD.

Pickups Carry gear but have limited people carrying.

Leaves Sub's & Ex's...I've driven both and the Ex I like better.

Oh yeah Deisels Stink I don't like that

R

Stupid question, but why all the AutoRx and fuel system treatments on such a low mileage vehicle?

Unless the previous owners never changed the oil the for the entire 22K mi they put on it, it seems the AutoRx treatments are a waste of money (and the fuel treatments) on such a low mileage vehicle.

The recomended first treatment is 25,000 miles. The truck was a used rental. I always change all the fluids when I buy a used vehicle. I only did 1 a-rx treatment and the others are maintnence doses. As far as the gas treatment I felt a seat of the pants improvement with the first one so I followed up with a second.

I sent the oil out for analysis after the Montana trip and it came back with great results. I take that to mean the combo of M1 and A-rx is doing the trick.

Did the tranny A-rx as the truck was coming up on 30K. All this is preventative, not in response to a problem.

Ray

Update.

Started a run of Fuel Power. The first dose is in the tank now and with about 250 milea on that tank the overhead is reading 14.2. Keep checking back as I'm updating the spreadsheet every tank. On another note this cold weather in the north east this last month has been killing the mileage so it makes the 14.2 really exceptional.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back