Mildew Smell in AC System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, since debris like leaves, dust and etc, gets stuck into the evaporator core, would it be wise, when the vehicle is parked, should we cover the intake vents for the AC ( the vent be low the windshield wipers)

May not work in every case.
There was a discussion on this board a while back where the poster said he tried the Lysol trick and it didn't work for him.
Several other products were recommended in the thread, but of course we don't know if anything ever worked for him.

Most cars incorporate an "after run" feature. This causes the A/C fan to run for a while after the car's engine is shut off. The reason is to dry off the a/c evap so that mildew won't build up.

Last year I had an odor problem. I bought a product which I cannot remember at this time. It had a flexible straw that you inserted into the condensate drain. Spray it in and it foams filing the condenser and kills the nasty. It apparently worked because I no longer had the odor.

I used to have to do the Lysol trick with my old Taurus. Usually every few months, I would take the cowl and cabin air filter off and unload a can. That car sat a lot which didn't help. The AC on my Forester dosen't work so no need!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back