Mighty M4612 cut open, w/related shop OC info

Topic Mighty run ~3500 mi. ~5 months on family member Rogue 2.5L. This one made by Champ Labs in US, likely same as ST6607. I think it did fine for jobber filter, nitrile adbv still pliable. Prefer this one to recently posted hencho en Mexico Mighty OFs. Normally would have let this oci go longer (~5k) but didn't know when I'd see vehicle again, had oil and filters on hand, and the time. Filled with my last jug RGT (Rotella Gas Truck) 5w20 and a US made Bosch Premium 3323.

Thought readers might find related shop receipt interesting too. Really liked the syn "B" in the write up. Other than full syn, isn't everything a synthetic "blend" now. Shop also wrote info near oil fill hole shown. As unlikely to return, removed with isopropyl alcohol. Since the customer a female thought I'd call just to see if that a factor in cost. Asked for OC estimate same vehicle, got the "rainman" answer, 'bout hundred dollars.' So, at least consistent. Also asked what would be labor charge if oil and filter brought in? $50 min. On the plus side, drain plug and filter not overtightened.

P1020389.JPGP1020390.JPGP1020395.JPGP1020392.JPGP1020393.JPG
P1020383.JPGP1020388.JPG

Very well explained & your right everything is pretty much a blend these days. For some though if it's not written on the bottle most assume it's not a blend. The filter looks great & survived it's run well.

Funny story: a few years back when my niece was living with us out on a day trip she spotted an SUV & she said "That looks like a rugged vehicle". I said yep...It's a Nissan Rogue.

That's a bit pricey for a basic O/F...
I thought so too, why I made inquiry about pricing after the fact. Recently looking at Walmart tire fees for a local Discount Tire price match, happened upon their oil and filter change pricing same page. Basic conventional OC "Pit Crew" ~$25, to $55 for full synthetic change. If one could bring their own filter for use, reasonable. Of course, that 'assumes' the "tech" doing it does decent job. Depending, could be a big assumption. In any case if I can't do it, next time will be looking for different shop. Between the RGT Syn. and BP filter, should be good for minimum ~6k mi. now.

Regarding "syn blend" comment, as example, Super Tech (5K) and Napa, call their conventional oil a "synthetic blend".

Adding, the 3323 filter installed is the longer 7317 filter equivalent. I've found it fits Nissans specing shorty 6607 fine. Also, I've found with 2.5L ramp sump drain and time allowed, fill very close to 5qts, not 4.5 shown by shop. Longer 7317 adds a little, but not .5qt.

Last edited:
Back