Middle East Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tony1679
Random?
maybe a little. But that's why he posted in the general/off topic forum. BITOG may be used as his personal notepad lol.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
There is a lot of places in the world I would like to visit but the middle east is not one of them!

I always wanted to visit Iran and Iraq (Mesopotamia). A lot of history there.

I too desire to visit places with an interesting history. But I prefer ones that don't give me an underlying concern of danger. Therefor, much of the Middle East is stricken from any future travel plans.

Yea we need to keep our tourist money away from places that are against us, common sense. Although it seems govt assistance should be halted as well. Jmo

From my experience.

I have never been treated better in any foreign country than in Kuwait.

Muscat is just beautiful and in Oman their English is better than the average American.

AbuDhabi is a modern wonder by itself.

Manama is at its best when Formula One is there.

Jordan's and Israel's historic significance alone is worth the experience of traveling to both respective countries.

Some of the best tasting food I have eaten has been in the Middle East region.

I would go back to the Middle East tomorrow if the opportunity was provided.

I might go to the ME if I can be surrounded by 1000 Marines, 200 tanks, and of course some air support for modest back up and 2 aircraft carriers if some of the guys are off for lunch....maybe.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I might go to the ME if I can be surrounded by 1000 Marines, 200 tanks, and of course some air support for modest back up and 2 aircraft carriers if some of the guys are off for lunch....maybe.

A lot of guys went on those terms, they also got free transport and a paycheck.

If people could wake up and realize that most of the conflicts were created by political leaders and that the people typically want the same things world over we'd all be better off.

Sure, there are a few who have been programmed/brainwashed in every society that have to be dealt with.

From local leaders who keep their power by saying they are there to protect the citizens from (some other religion) (some other ethnicity) or other, to the leaders who created empires because it's their "manifest destiny" to have inexpensive access to the resources of another spot on the map, conflicts are ultimately the abuse of political power to achieve a seemingly popular goal. Often a goal that started as a straw-man argument originated by the leaders.

This is not a East/West problem. It's a character problem, and folks who fit into all sorts of socio-political/economic categories display bad character.

This is not politics, but rather pointing out that many who seek power, world-wide, manipulate the circumstances to obtain and/or consolidate power.

They have no interest in peace as it doesn't further their goals in holding on to power.

Quote:
This is not politics, but rather pointing out that many who seek power, world-wide, manipulate the circumstances to obtain and/or consolidate power.

I can't argue with that.

I'd love to travel to a lot of those countries, Americans really have a warped perspective of the world. Get out of the country a bit more, their is a big really cool world to see.

I'd go to NK if the political tensions eased a bit, other than a hot war zone I'd travel to any one of those countries without hesitation. I have been to Cuba and had dinner in Havana over looking the old Fort, it was the most amazing meal I have ever had. I am glad I got to enjoy it before it opens up and all the Americans ruin it.

I know a number of people who live and work and Dubai and I have heard its amazing.

As I get along in my career more I hope to have some time to do some expeditions to some very remote ares of the world both on the water and over land.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dave1251
From my experience.

I have never been treated better in any foreign country than in Kuwait.

Muscat is just beautiful and in Oman their English is better than the average American.

AbuDhabi is a modern wonder by itself.

Manama is at its best when Formula One is there.

Jordan's and Israel's historic significance alone is worth the experience of traveling to both respective countries.

Some of the best tasting food I have eaten has been in the Middle East region.

I would go back to the Middle East tomorrow if the opportunity was provided.

Thank you.

I love how the media gives the impression that this entire region is nothing but a worthless sh!thole, where women are oppressed, people still ride camels, everyone confronts and fights each other, almost everyone's a terrorist, everyone swims in oil in their backyard, and every Mid Eastern woman walks around in a black ninja tent.

Reality and what's being portrayed as being real are two entirely different things. Yes, Mid Easterners in a general sense are rather conservative, and there is no separation of state and religion, save for maybe less conservative countries like Turkey. But Syria, Iraq and the Gaza Strip do not represent the whole of the Middle East.

There has been to much fussing over there since the garden days of long long ago,,way to much fighting...........

There is plenty of fighting happening right here. This is not limited to a region that have different customs and values then what you value.

The middle east is full of history that has shaped modern civilization. If you research your family's legacy you will find that your roots originally taken hold there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back