Microsoft Office On-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Office Online heavily, with files sync'd to my computer with OneDrive. Very smooth experience. It makes a Chromebook a very productive device. The Chromebook "app" is just a shortcut link to the Office Online website, but it comes pretty close to actually having Office installed on the machine.

M$ did a decent job with it. They got really spooked when schools/university's starting using Google Docs beyond enterprise and got their act in gear.

It is so painful to colloborate with other on the old school MS Office stuff running locally.

Very happy with Office Online as well. Actually I use the OneDrive version. OneDrive creates a folder on your machine that you drag and drop files to just like a folder. DropBox does that as well, but OneDrive's strength is that Office Online.

Drag and drop your Word, Excel files to OneDrive. Open up onedrive.com, click your Office Doc and like magic! Word, Excel Online opens up and is very well featured. Excel can lag, especially over wireless, but it's free and can't complain at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back