Microphone for instructional videos.

My employer has tasked me with taking most of our printed training documentation, and creating instructional "how-to" videos. They've bought a license for Camtasia, and installed it on my nearly brand new Dell E6440 (Core i5) laptop, running Win7 Pro. I'm also going to need some sort of a microphone. First question would be should I be using a microphone attached to a headset, or a desktop microphone. The sound quality won't need to be professional grade, as these videos will only be used "in-house", but we do want it to be good quality.

USB Plantronics made headset is all you'll need. You may as well use a headset unless you want your videos to sound like they were put together by a 2nd grader

A headset will minimize thumps and room echos. You'll still have to practice with it to minimize 'heavy breathing' in the background, and control consonant pops.

I record teaching lectures and recently purchased an Audio 2000s 6032uf wireless system for the audio. Good sound quality, good range, and reasonably priced. Make sure, however, that your laptop has a mic input (many new laptops don't); otherwise, you'll need to buy an inexpensive USB sound card to use with it. You'll also want to get some 9V rechargeable batteries. A fresh battery only lasts about 2 hours. If you don't want a wireless system, check out the Yeti USB mic.