Micron Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of filters and their micron ratings anywhere? I searched here and on google, but came up with very little. I was hoping there would be a collection someone knows about.

Thanks

Didn't want to let this get too far down the line unanswered. You're right. Having that information on a single chart or list would be very convenient. I don't know of one, though. Anyone have the time to research and put it together?
wink.gif

The closest thing that I've see is the imperical data that was on Grease's filter study. The site is down ..probably for good.

There they performed bubble tests on real filters and showed, IIRC, the largest, smallest, and average pour size in various filters.

No, I've never seen a list.

And If I did I would be very wary of it's accuracy.

Been said many times....just because you find a micron rating or beta rating and find them for two different brands, it doesn't mean the two brands were run under the same test conditions.
Flow rate, contaminant add rate, termination point, etc..

In a perfect world for consumers all test data would be equal...but it's not.

Also the filter material may vary within a model line between different PNs, so it would be hard to apply across a whole line with 100% confidence.

I think there is some monkey business with micron ratings for full flow filters. I think they call it average micron rating. And average means you take a couple of numbers, add them up and divide buy the number of numbers. Problem is, what numbers are they using. They don't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back