Microguard POF1A Unkown miles and oil,

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off my 600 dollar hood mustang, I call her Tina the Buttstang now. The mileage and oil filter were on their for no telling how long, car is sludgy, worst oil I have ever drained out of a car. Car has 263,000 miles and wasn't that well taken care of. I am restoring her now. If you want to photos search Instagram #tinathebuttstang. The hulk tightened the can on the can, my pliers bent the can up. You will see the can is full of dirty and the oil is awful, lost the photo of the ADBV, but it was hard as a rock. Lost the can photos full of [censored] and lots of debris. It is a really thick can. You can see on of it in the photos. It's rocking a STP can and HM STP, I will switch to a better quality oil and filter later on. Put it on more to make sure the motor wouldn't blow up at highway speed.

I assume the OP meant the title to be Prime Guard. Media looks rather beat, but with no oci/fci information can't fault it. Looks pretty typical of other off shore filters from that area of the jobber tier.

As for STP query, last checked still Champ/Fram here. Still use them together because I'm unsure that Champ is not still under Fram Filtration in some manner, not sure the bankruptcy changed that. And at least some of the STP's here are now Fram made fiber endcap construction.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Is the STP you replaced it with a Purolator or Fram? Or are they Korean now?

I have no clue, will let you know when I cut it open.

thanks for the pics: IMO if previous owner was cheap enough to use a MicroGuard, they probably went with cheap oil too. Is it a 6 or an 8?

Originally Posted By: steve20
thanks for the pics: IMO if previous owner was cheap enough to use a MicroGuard, they probably went with cheap oil too. Is it a 6 or an 8?

Car is in rough shape, they didn't take care of it. Also, I paid 600 for it so, there's that. It's a mighty 2.3 4 cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back