microGreen out of Business?

I have been trying to figure out if Fleetguard makes a Stratapore Venturi filter for my Mazda3 and while poking around I discovered that the microGreen web site is now defunct. Amazon only has a handful of SKUs remaining. I've been using MG filters for a number of years along with the 30K OCIs and it's looking like all of that is coming to an end.

Does anyone have information about what happened?

^Interesting. Thanks. I forgot that the company was called SOMS.

K&N, I dumped all my K&N filters when I found dirt in the throttle body and intake manifold. There were no leaks elsewhere based on smoke test results.

Seeing that they decided to misrepresent and mislead that a cheaper filter it began selling was in fact the original patented design that filtered exceedingly well, it may be that sales dried up.

But it looks like they have enough assets to pay their creditors, just not enough liquid assets.

K&N apparently have a $32k warranty claim against them. I wonder what exactly they made for K&N.

Here's the bankruptcy filing:

http://bankrupt.com/misc/nysb18-23446.pdf

I would like to see them return with the original design and quality. C&P over the years seem to show a decline in quality and I believe the patent holder has accused them of modifying the design so that its not as effective.

I like the idea, the execution seems lacking.

Do any of you know of another filter that has built-in bypass? It seems that there aren't any Fleetguard Stratapore Venturi filters made for cars as they end up being too large. I may just have to go with one of the higher performance filters (i.e. Fram Ultra) in the future and shorten my OCI to one year or 15K miles. I'm quite disappointed.

I was afraid of that. Other than Stratapore Venturi I haven't seen anything else resembling microGreen that fits cars having small oil filters. I guess, aside from the possibility of quality issues, it was an idea before its time. People weren't ready for oil changes extended that long.

Originally Posted by DBMaster
Do any of you know of another filter that has built-in bypass? It seems that there aren't any Fleetguard Stratapore Venturi filters made for cars as they end up being too large. I may just have to go with one of the higher performance filters (i.e. Fram Ultra) in the future and shorten my OCI to one year or 15K miles. I'm quite disappointed.

Don't know of another Internal bypass setup outside of strata pour.
Saw a picture at a japanese tradeshow once, but never an actual product.

We saw some really good, and some average ISO's off microgreens.

Someone should partner with Norb and do a "remake".

Fram Ultra with a filtermag/ magnets and mobil 1EP or similar probably the best available now, If everything worked out ok you could likely get to a 1-1 @ 20K.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DuckRyder
I would like to see them return with the original design and quality. C&P over the years seem to show a decline in quality and I believe the patent holder has accused them of modifying the design so that its not as effective.

I like the idea, the execution seems lacking.

Seems like they hit a good stride of fleet contracts then dumped the guys that got them there/ Norb/ Kirchner and ran it from the accounting office.

Seen it happen many places.

Dave

Originally Posted by Boluker
Can someone tell me where I can draw up documents for my business?

What ??
21.gif

Back