MicroGreen oil Filters

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Looks like nobody is going to buy them out or carry on the line.
Just wondering?????? Have some left- they used to do great deals for regular customers.
Was more of something to test for me. Nothing more to it.

I managed to snag one during a random eBay search. I check once in a while. If anyone has any they would like to sell I would be willing to buy several MG101-7's. The company and product line appears to be down for the count.

I managed to snag one during a random eBay search. I check once in a while. If anyone has any they would like to sell I would be willing to buy several MG101-7's. The company and product line appears to be down for the count.
Yes they were interesting.
Amazon sometimes has them listed but for crazy prices. I once had several of their cased sets. They were very heavy and robust. I figured somebody would offer them again.
Like you said... doesn't look like it.

I was actually using them as directed - three filters for 30,000 miles, changing the filter every 10,000 miles. I ran this way for 90,000 miles on my 2012 Mazda3. I'm actually just on my first OCI with a regular filter. It happens to be a Tokyo Roki OEM filter that I had on the shelf from before I started using MG filters.

I was actually using them as directed - three filters for 30,000 miles, changing the filter every 10,000 miles. I ran this way for 90,000 miles on my 2012 Mazda3. I'm actually just on my first OCI with a regular filter. It happens to be a Tokyo Roki OEM filter that I had on the shelf from before I started using MG filters.
I did the same but not as long as you because the 7317 model ( Fram #) fitted about everything I owned.
I got one to put on tomorrow on a 2L. Mitsubishi... That change is #3 on that oil.

PM me if you want one.
I would let one go
Might be able to get it under 13 ounces. Where you at?

Since I was getting them for $10 each for several years with free shipping i guess I'm going to abandon the quest. I somehow knew they weren't going to last.

Never heard of them to be honest.

Pretty cool idea - had an in line secondary filter that was basically a PTFE (teflon) puck that could scrub down to 2 microns.

The value proposition was change the filter every 10K and keep the sump for 30.

It worked, they landed a bunch of city contracts, then they cheapened the build and it fell apart.

They had a board of experienced filter people.

They refused to publish 4548-12, which led to cries of foul here, and ultimately it turns out 4548-12 isnt supposed to be used for under 10 microns or some threshold I cant remember.

Some of the best ISO particle counts we've seen from a spin on are from it, and there were long discussion about it here I was in a bunch of them. It both did what it was supposed to and failed at it simultaneously.

An original designer got an amazon (Norb Ascension sp?) and wrote up a review claiming the redesign killed the performance and shortly after the things folded. I think the deal is they tried to avoid paying the design team a royalty hence the redesign

A better executed example of 2 stage filter would be the cummins strata-pour venturi that uses stacked cardboard disks acting as the bypass vs the PTFE disk.

If some one reputable picked up the original microgreen design Id be a customer.

Pretty cool idea - had an in line secondary filter that was basically a PTFE (teflon) puck that could scrub down to 2 microns.

It worked, they landed a bunch of city contracts, then they cheapened the build and it fell apart.

They refused to publish 4548-12, which led to cries of foul here, and ultimately it turns out 4548-12 isnt supposed to be used for under 10 microns or some threshold I cant remember.

Some of the best ISO particle counts we've seen from a spin on are from it, and there were long discussion about it here I was in a bunch of them. It both did what it was supposed to and failed at it simultaneously.

An original designer got an amazon (Norb Ascension sp?) and wrote up a review claiming the redesign killed the performance and shortly after the things folded. I think the deal is they tried to avoid paying the design team a royalty hence the redesign

A better executed example of 2 stage filter would be the cummins strata-pour venturi that uses stacked cardboard disks acting as the bypass vs the PTFE disk.

If some one reputable picked up the original microgreen design Id be a customer.
That’s a shame about the quality especially after everyone started buying them.

Too bad Stratapore doesn't come in sizes that fit Mazda3's!

That’s a shame about the quality especially after everyone started buying them.

They used a very average but not awful primary and mounted the puck above the unit in the dome space above the bypass which was a nice well done piece and it had a silicon ADBV.

The prior puck carrier was a plastic affair vs this tacked on deal with a feeder tube.

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5480.jpeg
    IMG_5480.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5479.jpeg
    IMG_5479.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5475.jpeg
    IMG_5475.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 20
They used a very average but not awful primary and mounted the puck above the unit in the dome space above the bypass which was a nice well done piece and it had a silicon ADBV.

The prior puck carrier was a plastic affair vs this tacked on deal with a feeder tube.
Thanks for the pics

I depends, as ISO 4548-12 gives the tester the option of what level of particle counter should be used (screen shot below). If they go all out, they'd use a high 16 channel, high resolution counter that can go down to 5u.

Capture.JPG

The MicroGreen filters on this site did show some good PCs in the lower end of the particle size spectrum, better than the better single stage spin-ons. The MGs where showing about the same in the upper particle sized range (above ~15u) IIRC.

Last edited:
I couldn't recall the micron threshold MG claimed to scrub down to 2.
good info on 4548-12, I almost quoted your PC in this thread.

Back