Microfiber towels from Sam's Club or Walmart..

I have a gift card, from Sam's Club and I can use it at Walmart as well. Which microfiber towels, for taking off wax. . Cleaning the interior. Etc..
Thank you..

I always buy the cheapest I can find. But then I am not very particular about things like that. I use old cotton bath or hand towels for removing wax from the cars. I use microfiber for spray wax and detailer. I do things that others would cringe at and say you will scratch the paint al up, but My paint looks great as far as I am concerned, and on my classics I have won some best paint awards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-133217.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-133217.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37
Use the gift card for something else. If you want inexpensive, but decent MF towels, the Costco ones are great one-time use towels for painted exterior surfaces.

The last time I bought microfibers from Walmart they were the "Platinum" brand with black borders. None were square which made them annoying to fold and they left behind lint like crazy.

Costco Kirkland or BJ's MyRide towels with the orange label are the only cheap microfibers worth buying at normal price.

Every spring Advance has a sale on their edgeless towels. I normally buy a dozen packs or so. They're great.

I am sure like the Costco ones, the quality depends on who made them at that time. I think the quality can vary. But like the Costco ones, they are good to keep around for a lot of uses.. Depending on how you are with your paint you can decide to use them there or not. I would say buy them as you can always find a use.

The Kirkland towels are pretty good for the price. I don’t think they are “scratchy” at all. I use them on the paint and interior and they’re cheap enough I don’t mind using them to clean the engine compartment or wheels and toss them when they get too dirty. I wash them separately and dry them on the air fluff setting, no heat, no dryer sheet and they’ve been mostly lint free.

The last time I bought microfibers from Walmart they were the "Platinum" brand with black borders. None were square which made them annoying to fold and they left behind lint like crazy.

Costco Kirkland or BJ's MyRide towels with the orange label are the only cheap microfibers worth buying at normal price.

Every spring Advance has a sale on their edgeless towels. I normally buy a dozen packs or so. They're great.
I was on Walmart.com last night I see several myride towels obviously not being there I don't know which ones have an orange label. LOL

I was on Walmart.com last night I see several myride towels obviously not being there I don't know which ones have an orange label. LOL
It's crazy because there's such a big difference. The white label towels can be yellow, white, or a 50/50 mix and they're serviceable but just ok.

The orange label are thicker and softer and stay that way through multiple washes.

MF towels differ greatly in quality. I would not use Sam's towels on the exterior (paint) but they do have their uses elsewhere. Here's a statement that may help:

When looking for microfiber towel quality you want an 80/20 or 70/30 polyester to polyamide ratio because these are commonly the highest quality towels.

Back