Michigan VW Dealer Selling Brodozers

Vw could win market share with a priced-right diesel pickup...

Colorado,was too $ and inefficient. Vw potentially could do better...

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Vw could win market share with a priced-right diesel pickup...
Seems VW has transitioned away from diesels.

Nothing wrong with creating more store traffic and maybe too cold to stand out there in a bear suit ?
smile.gif

Dealers spend big bucks on advertising and signage - this seems like thinking outside the box .... or Box Truck ?

I'd say it's a sign that we are hitting peak bro dozer.

The dealer is just running to daylight and I can respect that, but it really shouldn't be be a viable business plan for a VW dealership.

Brodozers look good if done tastefully, but it also reduces fuel efficiency of an already thirsty vehicle. Very few brodozers get used off tarmac. It's usually for lifestyle points. Nothing wrong with that, it's a free country.

We sold donks at the local Ford dealer I worked for. Just know your population and make money, that's what a business is about.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
You guys don't seem to realize that there's tariffs on light trucks that don't apply to SUVs. Which is why Mercedes, BMW, Audi have SUVs but no pickup trucks. And why the imports don't seem to be as good a value than the US models because they have to account for the tariffs which the US models don't. There's been a 25% tariff on light trucks since the 60's.

Chicken tax, it's neutered the small and midsize truck selection for decades, that alongside Ronald Reagan's grey market laws have isolated the US market removing any hope of consumer choice.

Low cost 5mt diesel utility trucks would have been on the market if that tax were gone.

For most of what I did a small diesel truck like a rabbit but modernized would be fine. Too bad it's not an option.

As for lifted ricer trucks these are just the next thing now that Honda's with [censored] kits and a wing are no longer popular.

These lifted trucks are unreliable, can't tow, impossible to load and are useless as a truck, bro dozer indeed.

Whats funny is if you offer a commercial mod a car in a way that affects fuel economy or emissions the EPA shuts it down but they turn a blind eye to these things.

Last edited:
We sold donks at the local Ford dealer I worked for. Just know your population and make money, that's what a business is about.
Your Ford dealer wouldn't be selling donks in Austrailia. Let's leave that alone.

Back