Michigan Drivers Best in Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Hmmm. I could make a few jokes but Michigan drivers are better than Illinois drivers.

A monkey could drive better than IL drivers....they are the worst on the planet!

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Every car I've seen with Michigan plates always drives EXACTLY 5mph over the limit (with a max speed of 70mph), and they also refuse to get out of the left lane even if there is a half-mile long caravan behind them honking and "waving".

And when you're around Detroit: W T F is up with Michigan left turns?
lol.gif

So who's worse, the LLCer, or the people in the caravan speeding? Both are breaking the law...

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Originally Posted by BigD1
They get a lot of practice at dodging pot holes.

Back 15 years ago or so, I use to haul automotive out of Detroit and Windsor to Laredo, TX. Some of those side roads were the roughest I have ever been across.

A few years ago I took one of my Corvette racing wheels to a shop in Metro Detroit for straightening. They had a t-shirt for sale that said:

"No officer, I am not driving drunk. I 'm dodging potholes."

I was so happy this year when my town blocked off for repaving a street that I take to get to the local grocery store. It was the roughest street that I knew of, and couldn't believe it took them 4 years to get to it. I never actually drove in the proper lane on that street, just kind of split between the travel lanes and center turning lane. Now that the repaving is completed, I take it all the time. Previously I would avoid it if I could get to my destination on smoother streets. But it was just one of many that needed to be repaved. My town does some streets during construction season, and once they get done with all of them after years and years, it will be time to start over again.

I could go on for hours about Michigan roads. I go all over the country, and think they are the worst. Wisconsin runs a close second. They have the galloping concrete road down to a fine science. They repaved I-90 in the southern 50 miles of the state last year, and managed to build the galloping waviness into it right from the start. Doesn't anybody know how to level concrete anymore?

I don't know where you're located in MI, but there was a stretch of US 12 just west of Niles where the entire road surface was made up of filled pot holes. It was like that for years until they finally resurfaced it a couple of years ago...US 131 between Three Rivers and Schoolcraft is in bad shape too...it has been in need of a resurfacing for over 30 years now, but they just keep patching it...I don't know why they won't surface this stretch of highway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back