Michigan Drivers Best in Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
I contemplated putting this in the humor section. But, statistics don't lie (no matter how you fiddle with them)!! Our state with the highest national vehicle insurance rates has the best drivers in the country, not counting the 20% that don't bother to have any vehicle insurance. Considering we have our beloved Detroit Lions (that's for you, Papa Bear), we need something to gloat about!

We Michigander's deserve a pat on the back. Yay! You people living in the nice warm, sunny regions of the U.S. simply don't know what you are missing. Come to Michigan if you want to experience a blissful, relaxing drive with the best drivers in the country.

https://quotewizard.com/news/posts/best-and-worst-drivers-by-state-2019

Well I guess the 20% uninsured rate (mind-boggling to a Marylander) explains why you pay so much for car insurance.

In Maryland the vehicle is what is really insured, not the driver, so I wonder if that is the case there. Also if similar uninsured driver rates hold here if you look at it that way.

Originally Posted by HangFire
Well I guess the 20% uninsured rate (mind-boggling to a Marylander) explains why you pay so much for car insurance.

In Maryland the vehicle is what is really insured, not the driver, so I wonder if that is the case there. Also if similar uninsured driver rates hold here if you look at it that way.

I used to live in the DMV area. I made sure to steer clear of any car with MD plates. That area was full of crappy drivers but MD plates were particularly reckless.

^^^^^^^

lol.gif

Michigan has no fault insurance and one of the big factors is our Personal Insurance Protection (PIP) policy: "Michigan differs from other PIP states in the limit department. Most other no-fault states put a limit on the PIP amount but Michigan guarantees unlimited lifetime medical benefits to auto accident victims, which dramatically increases an insurers risk.". https://www.insure.com/car-insurance/car-insurance-rates.html

And, having grown up in NW Indiana, it was always driven into my head that "those IllinoiSe drivers" were always the worst, judged by how much the veins in my dad's forehead swelled whenever one of them "noise drivers" was in proximity.

Not surprised. I spend a lot of time in Michigan (e.g., Detroit, Flat Rock, Auburn Hills), and the drivers there are waaaaayyy better than those in MD and VA.

I'd love to know where that came from...we have some of the most reckless drivers i have ever seen....

Ans willing to bet it's way more than 20 percent....

Only getting worse...my neighbor with a great score and record is paying almost 4 grand a year for insurance for their 19 Equinox....

Originally Posted by dave1251
Hmmm. I could make a few jokes but Michigan drivers are better than Illinois drivers.

Neither are that good....
lol.gif

Maryland has mandatory liability insurance for all vehicles, and the state is relentless in tracking and fining violators.

Originally Posted by doitmyself

And, having grown up in NW Indiana, it was always driven into my head that "those IllinoiSe drivers" were always the worst, judged by how much the veins in my dad's forehead swelled whenever one of them "noise drivers" was in proximity.

I've often thought Chicago drivers must be the best. They are confident in closely tailgating as if they're drafting in a NASCAR race, they're able to make fast and precise lane changes with only an inch between vehicles and don't need to bother using turn signals to do it, and they are able to do all that while going 25 mph over the speed limit.

And when turning left at city intersections, they impressively can get three or even four vehicles through even after the light has turned red.

Arizona and Illinois ranked 4th and 5th "best".... Yeah, right. Whoever compiled that ranking should have let the effects of the crack they were smoking wear off first.

Every car I've seen with Michigan plates always drives EXACTLY 5mph over the limit (with a max speed of 70mph), and they also refuse to get out of the left lane even if there is a half-mile long caravan behind them honking and "waving".

And when you're around Detroit: W T F is up with Michigan left turns?
lol.gif

I have a new doctor that moved here from Michigan … said he did not like the two seasons:
winter and road construction seasons

They get a lot of practice at dodging pot holes.

Back 15 years ago or so, I use to haul automotive out of Detroit and Windsor to Laredo, TX. Some of those side roads were the roughest I have ever been across.

Last week I had a coworker visit from out of state. He remarked how polite the drivers are here in Michigan.

I agree we have the best drivers and the worst roads.

Obviously this study doesn't correlate skillful with safe. Most Oklahoma drivers pilot their vehicles as though they (the drivers) were about 80 years old. I've never seen a larger percentage of chickens#^& drivers in my life. If Texas ranks 37 I'd hate to drive in the "worse" states because they are pretty awful around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back