Michelin's North America Winter Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by krzyss
I only hate my Xi2 or Xi3 on warm days and in the wet ;-)
And that only if I drive a little fast for conditions.
I prefer Dunlop Wintersport 4D for such weather.

But snow and ice they are very good.

Krzys

Wintersport will be better in dry and wet. It is high performance snow tire unlike Xi2 or Xi3. So far of those regular snow tires Xi2 proved much better in dry then any Blizzak I had and especially Nokian R2.
They actually drive better than POS Bridgestone Driveguard I just took off for winter, and they are 235/55 R18, while Xi2 are 235/60 R17. Those Bridgestone RFT of all RFT are by far the worst.

Last edited:
I have Xi3 tires on my Cruze and I like them in most circumstances except deep mushy snow or slush. They do not cut through at all and float on top. Fresh cold deep snow they are okay, hard packed snow they are excellent, and on ice they are pretty good. Dry and wet roads they feel less like the rubbery winter tires I've mostly bought in the past. I have 4 seasons and 45k miles on them and they are far from the winter wear bars (which must be around 50% depth?) so the treadwear is excellent for a winter tire and pretty good in general. I might get 2 more seasons out of them. I think I'll try something else next time as I don't like how poorly they do in the mush/slush.

Originally Posted by edyvw
So, 6 inches of snow that covered ice. No issues what so ever. I tried to put SIenna in a slide last night in part of a new development in my neighborhood that has 6 lanes now that are not divided, and one can see that Toyota is dumb proof vehicle. Whatever I turned off, turned itself on after I passed 20mph. I was rapidly changing lanes to see if I can slide vehicle, nothing, but I could feel tires hold onto snow.
This morning we had that nasty slat/slush, and they went through like razor.
This is such a funky tire. I put them on on Friday and I was again skeptical since they are not at all aggressive as other tires, yet they AGAIN proved me wrong.

Awesome
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by edyvw
So, 6 inches of snow that covered ice. No issues what so ever. I tried to put SIenna in a slide last night in part of a new development in my neighborhood that has 6 lanes now that are not divided, and one can see that Toyota is dumb proof vehicle. Whatever I turned off, turned itself on after I passed 20mph. I was rapidly changing lanes to see if I can slide vehicle, nothing, but I could feel tires hold onto snow.
This morning we had that nasty slat/slush, and they went through like razor.
This is such a funky tire. I put them on on Friday and I was again skeptical since they are not at all aggressive as other tires, yet they AGAIN proved me wrong.

Awesome
thumbsup2.gif

X2! I am very glad to hear this as a set is soon to be going on my son's 08 Malibu.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by WishIhadatruck
I have Xi3 tires on my Cruze and I like them in most circumstances except deep mushy snow or slush. They do not cut through at all and float on top. Fresh cold deep snow they are okay, hard packed snow they are excellent, and on ice they are pretty good. Dry and wet roads they feel less like the rubbery winter tires I've mostly bought in the past. I have 4 seasons and 45k miles on them and they are far from the winter wear bars (which must be around 50% depth?) so the treadwear is excellent for a winter tire and pretty good in general. I might get 2 more seasons out of them. I think I'll try something else next time as I don't like how poorly they do in the mush/slush.

I know that Xi3 is great step forward in ice traction compared to Xi2. However, that is generally what I heard and was afraid about Xi2 that it will have similar issue. However, I find Xi2 just bit less aggressive in slush and deep snow compared to Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2 I had and Nokian R2 I currently have on Tiguan. But they are on other hand light years better on dry and wet compared to Blizzak and Especially R2 Noakian's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back