Michelin Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new set of tires and had the white letters put on it looks like a white wall in back ground. It happened to my last set?

To me OP is saying he had white lettering added. Sounds like there was some overspray onto the sidewall. It should wear off after a bit.

No I'm sorry I was meaning I have white letters on my tires. After I cleaned them I noticed like a white wall in the back ground of the tire all way around. How do I add I pic I'll show u?

That's what I thought you might be referring to. There is a whitewall under white letter tires. If you have ever seen a badly scuffed white letter tire you will see this. Try using some black tire paint/dressing and a fine artist paintbrush. In the future don't be so rough in cleaning letters.

Another safer way to get white letter tires is to use a white tire crayon and go over letters of a Blackwall tire. Works best if they are raised solid letters not just outlined. It is a lot of work, but most people just use white letter tires on old muscle (show) cars.

Oh ok will it ever go back after I put that on tires or will it just go back after it wears off?

What's added to rubber to make it white does NOT add to the strength. The letters on racing tires are painted on.

I like this guy's style, let the tire spin itself.
wink.gif

Originally tires were white. That's why the Michelin Man is made of white tires. As tire manufacturers started to add more and more black silica compounds and other additives like oil tires became black.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton
Originally tires were white. That's why the Michelin Man is made of white tires. As tire manufacturers started to add more and more black silica compounds and other additives like oil tires became black.

Yes, that's back in the day when tires were made from natural rubber and as you say, before the addition of additives which give the tire strength and durability.

I've often wondered if the white bicycle tires on little kiddies bikes and scooters are made from natural rubber with no additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back