Michelin Pilot Super Sport 500+ mile review

Status
Not open for further replies.
M3s don't have spares, and I could care less. It has the inflator + fix-a-flat that I will literally never use.

Why?

Because I have no-cost roadside assistance. If the car gets a flat, I will make a phone call and have someone else deal with it. It's not exactly like I am driving out in the boonies every day where I couldn't make a phone call -- 99% of my driving is in the city.

Originally Posted By: dparm
M3s don't have spares, and I could care less. It has the inflator + fix-a-flat that I will literally never use.

Why?

Because I have no-cost roadside assistance. If the car gets a flat, I will make a phone call and have someone else deal with it. It's not exactly like I am driving out in the boonies every day where I couldn't make a phone call -- 99% of my driving is in the city.

How do you have no-cost roadside assistance? BMW?

That expires after a few years, no? Even MB stopped giving true lifetime roadside assist...

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
^^^Same on any SRT8. No runflats just a can of goo and an air compressor.

Basically dead weight!

I have RFT's now, and during winter used regular snow tires. I think I will just stick to compressor and goo. RFT's are sooo hard it is ridiculous, especially in Colorado Springs where roads are on par with some low developed third world country.
What I did during winter:
1. Goo
2. Got bigger compressor then usual
3. Pliers
4. Repair kit (so I can patch tire on the spot)
5. Reflective vest
and some other stuff I cannot remember now (flash light).
And of course, AAA.

LOL, its not just Colorado... In NJ we got frost heaves that the RFTs are just too hard to go over. These are SSOOOOOO much better...

But now no spare and no mobility. I assume dparm has no cost assistance because he has an M car while I believe my lowly M-sport expired with the warranty... Could be wrong...

But all the same, Im buying this stuff right now... A Slime smart spair kit, a set of pliers (is needle nose, lineman, or regular slip joint best for this?), USA-made plug kit, etc.

Good idea about the reflective vest, just in case...

Loved my PSSs. Went with the PS AS/3 which is a little harder and rated to 40k on my 335. PSS is a whole bunch quieter, smoother and more competent. Enjoy!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

That expires after a few years, no? Even MB stopped giving true lifetime roadside assist...

MB still have lifetime roadside assistance for original owner, second owner only have roadside assistance for 4 year from original sale date.

I'm original owner of my '00 E430, I still have roadside assistance for the car.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

MB still have lifetime roadside assistance for original owner, second owner only have roadside assistance for 4 year from original sale date.

I'm original owner of my '00 E430, I still have roadside assistance for the car.

So, you may be grandfathered in, but not the case after 2011.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129-sl-class/1558990-mb-usa-breaks-promise-lifetime-roadside.html

Why?

Yes, I have a BMW EVP warranty (basically a CPO warranty you can buy) and it includes their roadside assistance.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
^^^Same on any SRT8. No runflats just a can of goo and an air compressor.

Basically dead weight!

I have RFT's now, and during winter used regular snow tires. I think I will just stick to compressor and goo. RFT's are sooo hard it is ridiculous, especially in Colorado Springs where roads are on par with some low developed third world country.
What I did during winter:
1. Goo
2. Got bigger compressor then usual
3. Pliers
4. Repair kit (so I can patch tire on the spot)
5. Reflective vest
and some other stuff I cannot remember now (flash light).
And of course, AAA.

LOL, its not just Colorado... In NJ we got frost heaves that the RFTs are just too hard to go over. These are SSOOOOOO much better...

But now no spare and no mobility. I assume dparm has no cost assistance because he has an M car while I believe my lowly M-sport expired with the warranty... Could be wrong...

But all the same, Im buying this stuff right now... A Slime smart spair kit, a set of pliers (is needle nose, lineman, or regular slip joint best for this?), USA-made plug kit, etc.

Good idea about the reflective vest, just in case...

Reflective vest stayed in me from Europe. If you do not have it in car you will get fined.
I am thinking about some LED blinking lights in case I need to stop on a side. People are on the f .... phone all the time not paying attention.

Yes, I have a BMW EVP warranty (basically a CPO warranty you can buy) and it includes their roadside assistance.

You have far more patience than I. Kudos to your roadside assistance, but I have waited for these services for far too long so we no longer use them. I have a local wrecker guy that shows up in 30 minutes or less and gives us a fantastic deal. Usually he repairs a flat on the spot, but he's ready to dolly your high end sporty car as well. Can you tell I like him?

But I totally agree with the idea of the warranty help on a car with such high end pieces in it. My good friend who just sold his M3 said he had some bud at the track who trashed a DCT and paid some serious coin for repairs! Note that that was not the car's fault either, but still blindingly expensive IMO.

But I totally agree with the idea of the warranty help on a car with such high end pieces in it. My good friend who just sold his M3 said he had some bud at the track who trashed a DCT and paid some serious coin for repairs! Note that that was not the car's fault either, but still blindingly expensive IMO.

Which is why I'm not pining for a DCT in the place of my 8HP45.

You have far more patience than I. Kudos to your roadside assistance, but I have waited for these services for far too long so we no longer use them. I have a local wrecker guy that shows up in 30 minutes or less and gives us a fantastic deal. Usually he repairs a flat on the spot, but he's ready to dolly your high end sporty car as well. Can you tell I like him?

Speaking of that M3, what color is it? I think I may know who bought it...

Speaking of that M3, what color is it? I think I may know who bought it...

It was white with two sets of wheels and tires. It sold very quickly, as it was a perfect garage queen owned by a fanatic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back