michelin pilot hx mxm4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My rears were bald, needed a cheapo set real fast.. on a budget (xmas time) and found these tires used that looked almost brand new.. manufactured last year.. went for it.
What is your experience with this pilot series?
Im gonna put them on the front in the spring with some wide nittos in the rear when i dont have to worry about snow and ice.

If they are the same as the OEM version that came on honda accord

Those were mediocre to below average but not horrible.

That is what came on the Charger. 56000KM (35000 miles) and they will likely be replaced shortly after going on in the spring if not before. Down close to the wear bars they are down right scary in standing water at speed.

Michelin tire names are very confusing .I had a set of Pilot MXM4. They handled well but were noisy and started to cup, not the best in the rain and mediocre in snow/ice so be careful this winter. Lasted 35K. Hope you got a very good deal on them!

Originally Posted By: cp3
That is what came on the Charger. 56000KM (35000 miles) and they will likely be replaced shortly after going on in the spring if not before. Down close to the wear bars they are down right scary in standing water at speed.

Forget being at speed!! I had a set I used for 1 season, in the beginning they were fine but wore fast. When I was down to 2/32 taking an easy curve on wet pavement going 60-70km/h ( 40-50miles an hr ) almost landed me in a ditch.. they were fine with more tread.. but on this tire.. once it drops to 4/32's I would ditch them for a new set just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back