Michelin Latitude X-Iice XI2... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
grin.gif

3rd set!

265/60R18. Dropped the pressure down to 35psi from the 40 the dealership put in. These are a massive improvement in wet traction (it's pouring rain today) over the OEM Goodyears, which, per the other thread, I will be replacing with LTX's, but I'll do that in the spring now, since we decided to buy this rim/tire combo for the winter.

Setup is pretty basic: MOPAR steelies, non-TPMS stems and re-used the lugs we had spare from the diesel plus the 4x we had for the wheel locks from this truck, so I didn't need to buy any new ones. Had to go with an 18" wheel to clear the brakes, which are larger on the NBS '19+ trucks.

A few pics:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Will provide some snow feedback when we get some that sticks.

Thats not bad at all really, especially being 18 inch. I have 265/70/R17 tires on mine, been thinking about getting steel rims for winter as well.

Originally Posted by Rand
are you kidding me $68? thats cheaper than aftermarket.

Yeah, I get pretty close to dealer cost. It's nice when the owner is your buddy, lol
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JC1
Overkill, glad to hear you got the bad tires off the Ram. I'm sure your wife is happy as well.

Yep! First trip is tomorrow, going up to the cottage to drag one of the boats home and shut the cottage up for the season. Didn't want to be making that trip towing a trailer on wet roads with those tires
crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back