Micheal Moore on Letterman

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie is getting good reviews in the local papers, Vancouver WA and Portland OR. A few highlights that seem worth passing on are:

Per the Washington Post Bush spent 42% of his time on vacation prior to 9/11.

Moore and Army recruiter went to Congress in order to get Congressman to talk to their kids about enlisting in order to support the war, and of course no one took them up on it.

What was described as the most ****ing was a video taken by a school teacher, as Bush was planning on visiting an class on the day that 9/11 happened. When Bush was informed that the first plane had hit he still decided to visit the class. When he was informed that the second plane had hit he just sat in front of the class with a book in his hand, for over 10 minutes with a confused look, before heading out.

quote:

Originally posted by 1sttruck:
...Per the Washington Post Bush spent 42% of his time on vacation prior to 9/11.

Is there a URL to that info? Assuming you don't work on weekends, 2/7 ~= 30% so 42% is entirely believable. Frankly, if the whole Congress took off about 99% of the time, we would be in great shape.

quote:

Moore and Army recruiter went to Congress in order to get Congressman to talk to their kids about enlisting in order to support the war, and of course no one took them up on it.

How is a parent going to sign up their adult sons and daughters for the military? Perhaps the genius Moore can answer that.

quote:

What was described as the most ****ing was a video taken by a school teacher, as Bush was planning on visiting an class on the day that 9/11 happened. When Bush was informed that the first plane had hit he still decided to visit the class. When he was informed that the second plane had hit he just sat in front of the class with a book in his hand, for over 10 minutes with a confused look, before heading out.

I guess jumping up and down would have been better according to the fat load Moore?

Sarasota principal defends Bush from "Fahrenheit 9/11" portrayal

I wonder why this information didn't make it into the movie?

"NO MOORE LIES"

Keith.

I wish I could beat the **** out of that fat p.o.s. And the weird thing is, people will believe him. Most ppl in this country have no real clue whats going on, but the democrats(especially moore for that matter) will talk more and more lies about republicans to get their way. It is sickening how this lying is getting out of hand. Pray to god that John Kerry will not get voted for president, and Bush will remain.

I'll be seeing the movie today. I'm going in with an open mind. I'll give a review later.

Thanks Buster.

I'll either rent it or buy it in China or just not watch it.....but with kids and a busy life it's not doable to see it in a theater. Dates are rare enough, to waste it taking the lovely wife to a political movie would be insane (I am NOT kidding)

So, please be my eyes and ears!
patriot.gif
cheers.gif

Pablo,

Buying pirated copies of DVDs from China is the only way to go.

Just think how PO'd the Hollyweird left gets over this. I just wish it was an option on Amazon.com or another site.

Real DVD - $20.00
Pirated - $1.00

This should cut into their fundraising abilities.

PS - I cloned Moore this morning, but I flushed afterwards.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

offtopic.gif
GSV - $1?
grin.gif
You are overpaying
wink.gif
(or your lingistic skills don't allow you down the deepest darkest covered Chinese alleys)
lol.gif
cool.gif
pat.gif

Last trip 3-4 RMB, better ones 6 RMB (but I must admit I know the ladies of my two fav shops, I buy in "bulk" and usually buy a CD case or 6 for transport....
offtopic.gif

As far as I know,there is only on theater in my area showing Moore's so called movie,its the Kentucky Theater in Lexington.They usually show things that are controversial to get the attention.On the local news last night,they were talking to people as they came out from seeing the 'movie' and asking them what they thought.It is so sad that people will believe anything they see,we have minds for a reason,to think for ourselves.One woman that came out after seeing the 'movie' said that she herself,the military and the people of the US all had blood on their hands for what has happened in Iraq.Another woman was praising it as well.They spoke to a man and he was speaking high of the movie.It seems to me that many in our society will believe most anything that they see,regardless of where it came from.What I still cant understand though,is how did Moore get all of those 'classified' and 'secret document's to make the movie? He supposedly has all of this untold information that people need to know,where did he get it? How did he get it? It just doesn't add up to me.

Michael Moore does political satire - it's not supposed to be taken at face value. I think sometimes folks lose all perspective on these things. If MM was a conservative, the same folks who knock his movies would be loving the stuff.

There are serious foreign and domestic policy issues in the future that require thoughtful debate. Nobody is going to solve any of these problems if this is what passes for political discussion in the US ....

I'll probably go out and see the movie as entertainment, but it's certainly not going to affect how I vote. Anybody that dumb shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway ...
wink.gif

TS

See below for the Washington Post article.

It doesn't really matter what the opinion of the school teacher is, what will matter is the opinion of the many people who will see the video of Bush sitting there, after he's been told that the planes have hit.

Congressman can't make their kids enlist, but one would expect that at least the most vocal of the chickenhawks would end up with a few kids in the military.

Moore seems to be an aspiring muckraker but he uses more sensationalism than is traditionally employed. It's a noble activity that seems to require at least a liberal outlook, but often it's been a vehicle of change employed by the left. It's been out of style for quite awhile, Ramparts Magazine from the 60's and early 70's being an example.

http://www.dke.org/haginranch.html

A White House On the Range
Bush Retreats to Ranch For 'Working Vacation'
By Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 7, 2001; Page A01

Speak up, Buster. How was the movie?

I really liked what Glenn Eyfil said (bad name spelling - she's a commentator on Tim Russert's Meet the Press). Basically: It's a movie. Terrible "reporter work" (lacking references and REAL linkage, just implications), but the last 1/2 half about the actual war in Iraq brought home the point that we are really at war.....

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
(Argument with the mother-inlaw/wife) I might see it today.

-
 -
 -
Yikes..that sounds worse than the movie.

[ June 27, 2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

Havn't seen it yet. Sorry. I had a really, really, really, really bad night last night. (Argument with the mother-inlaw/wife) I might see it today.

I will see the movie this week. I don't think it can be considered a documentary from the trailers and comments I've seen.
I really am getting amused by the republican/right criticism. If you look at political attack ads they use the same techniques as Moore is being accused of, putting together a few unconnected out of context pictures/quotes and forming them into a distorted image of the opponent.
I saw "Bowling for Columbine" and on the whole it made a very important social comment about the type of society guns have created in this country.

Back in the 70's, the movie The China Syndrome contributed to anti nuclear hysteria. With rational use of atomic power, we wouldn't be so dependent on Middle East oil. Thanks Hollywood.

Why would yo want to see this rubbish?

That is exactly what Moore wants? He could care less if you agree with him, provided you fork over 10$ to see it.

If people boycotted it and it flops his distorted message will have no audience.

Very insulting people like him have a stage to insult the U.S. while our soldiers pay the price.

Moore is nothing but a lazy film maker who attempts to pretend he is presenting facts.

Mike

quote:

Michael Moore does political satire - it's not supposed to be taken at face value. I think sometimes folks lose all perspective on these things.

TS, all the news about this flicks box office numbers are calling it a documentary. Not a satirical flick. It is being marketed as a documentary and largely reviewed as a factual movie. Thats the problem. Someone metioned the China Syndrome already and that is an excellent example of a movie influencing a bunch of knuckle draggers and biscuit heads.

quote:

If MM was a conservative, the same folks who knock his movies would be loving the stuff.

Nope. He reminds me of another blowhard self promoter that I can't stand, Bill O'Reilly.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Fair rebuttal Pablo, even for Fox News. I will still see the movie though, I like MM. Remember though that this Country's news is so filled with drival entertainment from hollywood that it's trained too many of us that if hollywood doesn't put it out it can't be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back