Micheal Jordan / Denny Hamlin

I saw that mentioned on Facebook. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm an MJ fan and a DH fan, but not a Bubba fan. Is Denny retiring from the driver position to take on an ownership role or will still be in a car? It'll be interesting to see how he does without JGR behind him.

I think its a good idea as far as a marketing perspective.
But to the OP...was there a question? Did you want people's thoughts? Was there an opinion of your own?

It will bring new eyes and sponsors to the sport. The team will likely have JGR support. It will be interesting to see where the crew chief and other crew members come from. A first year team is bound to struggle, so I don't expect them to contend for wins--likely just occasional top 10's. I'm not sure that Bubba would my first choice to build a new team around, but the marketing makes sense. I would love to see them do a 2 car team in '22 when the new car comes out so they have more data. This could be the beginning of the Toyota "B" team.

I think its a good idea as far as a marketing perspective.
But to the OP...was there a question? Did you want people's thoughts? Was there an opinion of your own?
Just sharing the info.

But as far as an opinion.....MJ is making a bad move. A single car operation battling the four car teams of SH and Penske and Hendrick. Not wise

I saw that mentioned on Facebook. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm an MJ fan and a DH fan, but not a Bubba fan. Is Denny retiring from the driver position to take on an ownership role or will still be in a car? It'll be interesting to see how he does without JGR behind him.
DH is not retiring
This new team will be basically a 5th JGR team

Reactions: JC1
The noose flap was pretty silly in my opinion. I would rather the folks just race the cars and leave the silliness to reality TV.

The history of how NASCAR evolved is more interesting that the current social climate for me.

I think the Noose BS has about ended Nascar. I think Richard Petty has about had it with NASCAR and Nascar not allowing the Confederate Flag has made a lot of folks not want to have anything to do with it anymore.
They might need to let more guys attend Palo Alto U … 😷

I’ve been done with NASCAR for many years. It all started when Goodyear colluded with NASCAR officials for a rule change. NASCAR and Goodyear forced Hoosier Tire out of competition.

I think this is awesome news. Jordan has experience with motorsports ownership so he understands the financial obligations as well as realistic initial performance expectations. Odds are they will be using JGR equipment in a similar arrangement to Furniture Row and Leavine Family Racing.

The only thing that makes me think this wasn't the best timed move is 2021 being a "lame duck" year for the current car. 2022 sees the introduction of the "Gen 7" car which is a complete clean sheet design with very little if anything related to the current Gen 6 car.

I'm sure someone approached MJ about starting a team. After all he doesn't need more money, but he will probably get all the support from JGR racing. I'm sure Nike will get on board too with sponsorship for Bubba.

We all know Nascar is much different from the old days of Dale Sr and the massive crowds. Love it or hate it, it's part of the evolution of the sport.

I think Bubba has decent talent and a good chance to improve his career, with that being said, he has already been a driver for Joe Gibbs Racing and Toyota winning 6 Truck races including 3 pole positions, he was released and drove for Jack Roush in the Xfinity Series with FORD keeping him afloat, then Chevrolet rescued him through Richard Petty and he rewards them by going back to the team and manufacture who abandoned him!

Reactions: JC1
Back