Darn mice

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep mice out of and off of cabin filters? I have the check them periodically, and every time I do, there’s droppings and urine all over them. Never fails

Full scale war.
Place the green knots (D-Con) around OUTSIDE your home and AROUND your car park.

The mice eat the knots and die. DO NOT put the knots inside, It'll attract them inside to the bait.

Maybe add traps to your repertoire?

I hate to say this but moth balls keep mice away....... but who wants to put socks filled with moth balls on their cowl?

I hear cats hunt mice sometimes.

I once read that cayenne pepper sprinkled about the engine bay will help keep rodents out. After mine got chewed up, I bought a cheap $.99/bottle at DG/Dollar Tree and used it all in there. Never had an issue again....so idk.

You can try a little peppermint oil on the cabin air filter. But go easy or you will be smelling lots of peppermint.

Mouse Blocker Pro hooked up under hood.

Cat.

we also just had this thread the other day

Traps.
Traps.
Barn cat if you can swing it.
Traps.

I had a problem a couple of winters ago, and set out traps. Didn't catch too many and it seems like the invasion tapered off. Being lazy, I never picked the traps back up and it's a good thing because the buggers started coming into the garage again. I've caught 5 so far, in the last month or so.

If my garage wasn't attached to the house, I'd try a barn cat, but you have to have a way for kitty to come and go, and I'm afraid something else will come in and make its way into the house.

Here is how we got rid of mice the cheap way, after wasting hundreds of dollars on other ways that did not work.
1) Buy wooden Jenga from Dollar Tree. Make sure wood isn't coated or stained. If it is, just sand it down.
2) Buy Eucalyptus, peppermint, or tea tree essential oil. We use all three.
3) Place the wooden Jenga pieces in mice-infected areas.
4) Add a few drops of oil onto the wooden pieces periodically, make sure the wood soaks it in.
End result for us (in a house) is no more mice and place smells fresh. At first we were pretty aggressive and added oil to wooden pieces 2-3 times per day. Now it's once every 3-4 days, but mostly for fresh smell, as mice was gone within first 48 hours.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep mice out of and off of cabin filters? I have the check them periodically, and every time I do, there’s droppings and urine all over them. Never fails
If you have room around the outside of the filter( or maybe inside?), cut up a bar of Irish Spring hand soap. That kept the critters out of my slingshot when I had to store it one winter.

If you have room around the outside of the filter( or maybe inside?), cut up a bar of Irish Spring hand soap. That kept the critters out of my slingshot when I had to store it one winter.

Mice were chewing on the Irish Spring soap in our trailer. After they walked past the cotton balls with peppermint oil. :mad:

Back