Miami-Dade loses track of 300 new cars for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be nicer to just lease the vehicle on an as needed basis? For simple operations like "transporting children for summer activities", it would make more sense to just hire a bus or even a limo.

Dunno...years ago, our state Govt sold the entire state fleet to GE Finance (big cash injection in year 1 of term), and made the state agencies lease them off the operating balance sheet.

Worked for a little while, but the finance company on replacement vehicles had to pay all of the taxes that Govt agencies didn't and the cost rose drastically....and it went back to the old way.

That being said, I know families around here who would save a fortune if they gave up car ownership and hired taxis as needed.

But $1M of vehicles "lost" for 5 years is ludicrous.

I heard about a German town ordering Opel sports cars for their cops but the cops can't get in the car because they are *big* cops!

Pretty hard to believe that this actually happened, although it actually did.
What were the county fleet people thinking?

the county government should have auctioned these priuii? off. what a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Wow! Kinda reminds me of the rampant corruption in most
central and south american hispanic countries. Maybe the USA should cut south florida loose and give it to Cuba . LOL

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
central and south american hispanic countries. Maybe the USA should cut south florida loose and give it to Cuba . LOL

I think you'll find similar mismanagement across all levels of government throughout this country.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

The money was in the budget so it had to be spent.

I work for the state and I hear this all the time.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

The money was in the budget so it had to be spent.

I work for the state and I hear this all the time.

It happens in the private sector too, but maybe not in such large amounts.

How do you explain Chicago?

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

How do you explain Chicago?

Simple: if you think of things as a sewage tank, all the solid waste sinks to the bottom, in Florida. As for Chicago...ever hear of a "floater"?

My guess is that the purchase is to used up a "budget" before year end and if they don't use it, they'll get less next year.

And someone getting a cut of the purchase as kick back. Happen in both public and private sectors.

I think you'll find similar mismanagement across all levels of government throughout this country.

Horrifyingly accurate, as all levels of government are actually so broke right now it's only getting worse.

We could run the country off the money wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back