MetalSlug Motorcraft FL820s 2021 Cut and Open END OF DEBATE ABOUT TEAR ISSUE

Motorcraft FL820s is my most all time favore . Since all my Ford at the time using fl820s . The tear issue pop up here . I’m still not believe it and defend it for few years . Until one day I cut it open my very first oil filter I cut open is the mcfl820s . Well I found the tear and the hole same spot every one mention . Since then I stop using it . I will post old post up here

2021 is here . This is my second ever filter cut and open . And my second MCFL820s. I don’t know history about this oil filter . This 2010 F150 platium 5.4l 4x4 was pass on to my wife . I change the oil yesterday and save the filter . Kinda bother me so I went HF and buy a tin nip tool . It does the job .. open it up the filter and I saw a lot black crush ... I’m glad I change the oil . Anyway I inspect the filter and NO TEAR !!!! the filter wavy but it’s solid hard . I check every corner and still no tears . I am 100% back believe and using this filter without second guess , IM DONE scare about tearing.

840E4BA2-9972-4F41-ACE1-55C281AD1BEE.jpeg
26568ABC-8D32-4238-8B49-B2EDD9B4A346.jpeg
23B2126D-1773-482F-A274-D056135553E2.jpeg
30388825-E0AD-4A8D-A272-342B95437610.jpeg
51E747EC-B3DA-4C8E-ACD8-594F18A789B7.jpeg
38EF2219-B86B-4983-A79E-511D3290DD32.jpeg
7AFE6426-7B4E-4BCE-A88A-1AC50D04754D.jpeg
2C3FA153-B7DB-408C-A84F-39F70507C77A.jpeg
FB205369-7C6F-4BB3-A83E-B8CF3DE00FF5.jpeg
9E1FA9E6-37E2-4461-9665-1082073ED9C3.jpeg

Reactions: Job
In my first filter cut open . The media was very soft and as soon I move it . It’s start tearing

And on the second one I cut which is today , the media is solid hard and I try move left and right and it very solid . Tough

I really don’t mind the wavy or not enough media . As long it not tear . Which it’s not
Also metal end cap is solid glue onto the media

I post the date code . Can some one decode it ? Thanks

Thanks for the pics. Are those tiny white spots the tears/holes in the media? My eyes aren't the best these days.

If you want to run these filters and you are comfortable doing that continue on.

Next time I open my Fram Ultras, I need to cut the media away from the wire mesh and do a closer inspection.

Thanks for the pics. Are those tiny white spots the tears/holes in the media? My eyes aren't the best these days.

If you want to run these filters and you are comfortable doing that continue on.

Next time I open my Fram Ultras, I need to cut the media away from the wire mesh and do a closer inspection.
There no tear hole . I open and bench that sucker up wide open . I try pull the both metal end cap and it won’t come off . I have covid vaccination appointment in next hours . So I gotta go .

Reactions: JC1
How on earth is this the end of the debate? Seriously, people have no clue. That's equivalent to me taking one picture of the woods behind my house and stating it's categorical proof Bigfoot does not exist.

It's a whole lot easier to prove something does occur rather than proving it does not occur. You believe two filters is a sufficient sample size to prove they do not tear? Using all capital letters is a nice touch though, yelling always helps to prove your point.

How on earth is this the end of the debate? Seriously, people have no clue. That's equivalent to me taking one picture of the woods behind my house and stating it's categorical proof Bigfoot does not exist.

It's a whole lot easier to prove something does occur rather than proving it does not occur. You believe two filters is a sufficient sample size to prove they do not tear? Using all capital letters is a nice touch though, yelling always helps to prove your point.
A8899ADF-CC8D-4DAD-8297-37FD5328A076.jpeg

This one I cut in 2019 that was tear and have hole . So it’s may 17 2016 correct ?

That is one ugly looking filter. I’m glad I don’t use them.
It’s not about ugly . The main issue about the MCFL820S on here is tear issue .
Ford made have fix the issue with the latest oil filter . Mabe any filter made after 2020+ date code .

I bought the latest McFL820s . Let see in a few month .

Maybe... The problem was addressed and fixed appropriately. Looks like they may have added a bit more filter media and possibly used a heavier filter media too.

Proof will be in the cut and opens performed after use on here.

Maybe... The problem was addressed and fixed appropriately. Looks like they may have added a bit more filter media and possibly used a heavier filter media too.

Proof will be in the cut and opens performed after use on here.
Yea . I note big different on media feel . Back when I cut the one in 2019 and it was made in 2016 . That oil filter media seem really soft and it only 4K miles or 5-6 month old . Whenever I try spread the media . It tear at the bottom between the media and the metal end cap , I still remember that until this day .

today I cut the one made in 2020 . My first impression was , the media was hard and it’s solid glue to the base of the metal end cap . I try spread the media . I need put some strength to spread it lol . Note big different . But this one is with old label .

The new one I just put on yesterday have new label and look like it’s a sticker . Will cut open in few month .

Back