Met the absolute biggest jerk I have ever encountered tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parked my Rubicon tonight in a large lot and had dinner. When coming out to get into the Jeep, I noticed a 2019+ Ford F-350 single axle backing into the spot ahead of me. As I got closer, I could tell that he was REALLY close to the front of the Jeep. I unlocked it remotely which turns on the LED headlights to give the guy a clue there was a vehicle behind him. He proceeds to back into the Jeep and the winch loop was jammed into his receiver.

He pulls forward and gets out. I asked if he saw the Jeep behind him because he backed into it. He proceeds to go on a tirade, yelling at his wife when she states to me that it was an accident. He then yells at me to give him some room so that he could look at the winch loop. Turns on his phone flashlight and says there are a couple of scratches and that it is no big deal and starts to walk away.

I reminded him that the scratches were not there before he backed into it and asked how it happened since he has a backup camera and bumper sensors telling him that he is getting too close. He then tells me that I am being part of the male anatomy. I have relatively thick skin, but at this point, I basically went off and said, "Let me get this straight. You back into my vehicle despite your truck telling you that you were getting close, I turn on the headlights so that you could see there was a vehicle behind you, and somehow I am the jerk? Wow...people like you are what is wrong with the world today." At this point, his wife is giving him the what for and he storms off.

For sure, the scratches are not an issue, but one would have expected at least an apology for backing into someone's vehicle. I guess this guys rolls a completely different way., but karma can be a bitter pill to swallow when it comes full circle.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this kind of behavior is all too common. All I have to do to see it is drive a few miles around town. I drive no faster than the speed limit in town, because I won't be that guy who hit my neighbor's kid. You should see how furious people get when I slow them down.

Had I acted like that as a kid, my dad would have kicked my rear end.

Unfortunately this kind of behavior is all too common. All I have to do to see it is drive a few miles around town. I drive no faster than the speed limit in town, because I won't be that guy who hit my neighbors kid. You should see how furious people get when I slow them down.

Had I acted like that as a kid, my dad would have kicked my rear end.
Same here--my Dad would put a knot or three on my head had I acted like this guy. Sadly, he was driving a really nice Platinum truck. I can only imagine how that would have went had I backed into him.

Some people just suck. Isn't your Jeep green? Like how can he miss that?

One night I was walking to my car at the far end of the Costco lot. There were some kids walking the other way and one pushed a shopping cart right into an absolutely pristine Back to the Future Toyota pickup. I yelled at them and they shrugged, one said "its just an old POS truck." They kept walking to a busstop and I yelled back "obviously your parents didn't hit you enough." they flipped me the bird. I just can't imagine damaging someone else's property and thinking nothing of it.

In my area the police won’t even come out if it happens on private property so they would of just said you are on your own. Every time we have been hit it’s been in the parking lot so we just exchange info and go after the other people’s insurance. Never had issues. Unfortunately though too many people are like that these days.

An apology might have gone a long way with me in that situation. I'm not unsympathetic to an accident, etc, and it sounds like dude might have been in an argument with his wife. Apologize, explain that you were distracted and it was an accident, and I might be more inclined to work something out "off the record".

But start acting like that, and, like somebody else said above, all bets are off. You've just proven yourself unworthy of any sort of trust, and from then on, like Greg said, we're going 100% By The Book. Gonna need a pic of your license and insurance, and the police are getting called.

For all you know, he was drunk or drugged. Another reason I carry. Never know what kind of senseless altercation you might get into with some knucklehead, over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back