Mesh Computer Chair Opinion

where is it on sale at? your link says 169.99

I ask because I'm in the market for a new chair.. my armrests are splitting.

I "test drove" such a mesh chair before and didn't care for it. I didn't like the roughness of the mesh.
So consider it may feel fine now if your fully clothed vs the summer.
I bought a used made in Michigan Steelcase chair for my desktop PC usage. If you live in a big city, there should be used office furniture stores
that have higher quality chairs vs Staples.

Reactions: JC1
We have the wildly overpriced Herman Miller Aeron mesh chairs at work, and they actually will cause wear to your clothes, from the mesh. Especially in the seat of your blue jeans.

They are nice in the warmer months... not so much in the winter months.

We have the wildly overpriced Herman Miller Aeron mesh chairs at work, and they actually will cause wear to your clothes, from the mesh. Especially in the seat of your blue jeans.

They are nice in the warmer months... not so much in the winter months.

I see those EVERYWHERE in hospitals, interesting to hear about that, good to know.

Reactions: JC1
I see those EVERYWHERE in hospitals, interesting to hear about that, good to know.
Our office has them as well, by far the most comfortable chairs I've sat in; including any chairs from any of my client's offices. I agree though the chairs do wear jeans down fast - especially butt pocket corners.

I am not trying to wet blanket this thread but I have a broader question.

In the world of "wonder" chairs, mattresses and pillows, doesn't it always boil down to fit and quality of material?

In reverse order: Any pillow needs to correspond to your neck/shoulder/head dimensions. Any mattress needs to jibe with your weight. Wouldn't any chair need to dance well with your weight and limb lengths?

Also, a chair which wears out your clothing?

Forgive my skepticism. In the '70's my old roomie's brother was a Steelcase sales rep. The ~$700 chair he bought sure didn't feel like anything special.

The Herman Millers were the first mesh chairs I'd ever seen. The company I worked for bought hundreds of them when they built us a new building. I love those chairs, and it looks like imitators are hard at work trying imitate it on a budget. For me, mesh is always the way to go. Leather /Pleather desk chairs are terrible, IMO. If you're cold, you can always put more clothes on. If you're hot, you can't wear lightweight lounge pants and a tank top to most offices. I bought a gently used Herman Miller when the pandemic hit and I was forced to work from home. They're great. When / if Covid ever gets under control, I'm going to bring it to the office, as the Herman Miller imitator I'm sitting in right now isn't the most comfortable chair I've sat in. The chair the OP posted looks pretty good too, but the armrests don't look that friendly.

If I can make a recommendation for whichever chair you pick: I bought a set of these a couple of weeks ago and put them on my chair at home.....they're far superior to the plastic wheels that most chairs come with. https://2simpleagency.com/products/...f-5-year-end-sale?_pos=3&_sid=d5f0c6cce&_ss=r

For me, mesh is always the way to go. Leather /Pleather desk chairs are terrible, IMO. If you're cold, you can always put more clothes on. If you're hot, you can't wear lightweight lounge pants and a tank top to most offices

I agree. Nothing like walking downtown in humid 90F to sit in a leather chair and then have a huge back sweat stain lol.

I "test drove" such a mesh chair before and didn't care for it. I didn't like the roughness of the mesh.
So consider it may feel fine now if your fully clothed vs the summer.
I bought a used made in Michigan Steelcase chair for my desktop PC usage. If you live in a big city, there should be used office furniture stores
that have higher quality chairs vs Staples.
I'm with you. I picked up two used Steelcase chairs last summer for $125 each. Built like tanks and very comfortable. I used the exact same chairs where I used to work for years. It's not a mesh chair but comfy.

I had those cheap chairs from Staples and Costco. Absolute pieces of garbage. This is where you want to spend money on something you will use day in and out.

Some of the used Herman Miller chairs can fetch over $400 used. That's too much for my budget.

Well I ended up getting the Flexfit Mesh Chair from Staples and it's awesome. I never would have imagined Mesh to be so comfortable. Plus it has fully adjustable, arm rests, head rest, lumbar support and is rated for 275 lbs and comes with a 7 yr warranty. Nothing cheap about it. It was on sale for $150 but I should used a coupon code and purchased it online but oh well. 🖥️

Back