Mercury Marine Rejuvenate TCW3 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this: http://www.mercurypartsexpress.com/us/rejuvenate-oil-473-ml-16-fl-oz-p240482.html

I wonder if it would do more to clean the combustion chamber, rings, and valves of a 4 stroke engine when mixed with the fuel?

image.php

Rejuvenate Oil (473 mL 16 fl oz) * Price : $8.28

Rejuvenate was designed for military applications – to compensate for poor grade or mixed grade fuels. Its formulation includes a detergent that removes carbon build-up for easier starts, improved compression and restored horsepower.

Superior lubrication and film strength protects against piston scuffing and extends engine life. Results can be realized within the first 2 to 10 engine hours, on your first tank.

Rejuvenate is the ideal oil for any 2-cycle engine that has extended down time. Rejuvenate stabilizes fuel in premix applications**, and prevents rust from forming on internal engine components.

Use Rejuvenate in all your 2-cycle engines: Outboard marine engines, ATVs, Go Karts, snowmobiles, personal watercraft (PWC), motorcycles, etc. It is recommended for use in air-cooled or liquid-cooled 2-cycle engines with oil injection systems or for pre-mix.

**Rejuvenate stabilizes fuel in premix applications. Quicksilver Fuel System Treatment & Stabilizer - 858027K01 is recommended for engines where oil and gas are separate.
Rejuvenate is recommended for classic carb and EFI 2-stroke outboards, and is not recommended for OptiMax.

Last edited:
I use Pennzoil Marine 2 stroke full synthetic. It has POE base oils, and adds about 5 cents per gallon to the cost of the fuel. Use one ounce per 5 gallons fuel. It works fantastic, much better than either MMO or Lucas Upper Lube. You get your money's worth, because mileage goes up, the fuel pump and injectors are lubed, and your rings are protected. Plus it is cheaper than the product you are talking about.

Last edited:
Reviewing the differences between NMMA TCW-3 and AP-TC oils indicated that there are some fundamental differences between the 2 specifications as far as formulations concerned, namely:

(TCW-3)
-no more than 6800rpm
-excessive coking capacity
-able to run on extended long hours in low rpms w/o fouling spark plugs
-(ashless) detergents that designed to operate in lower operating conditions
-peak engine temperature is still relatively low

(API-TC)
-high power, high rpm 2-stroke applications
-ash type detergents
-uses syn or syn blend oil base that helps in resisting thermal breakdown that would lead to cylinder bore wear and scuffing.

I do not buy the notion that adding 2-T oil into regular automobile gas will help in extending the life of fuel injectors/electronic fuel pumps due to the following:

(*mind you though: up until about 10 yrs ago, I used to cover in excess of 35,000kms/yr due to schooling/travelling, and has accumulated lots of mileages on EFI cars with original electronic fuel pumps and Denso/bosch fuel injectors)

-I never believe that there's any true benefits (if any, feel free to debate anyway you want to)of adding upper cylinder lube (like Lucas UCL, MMO, 2-T oil into regular 4-cycle IC engine) in the ability to extend fuel injector life or extend the useful life of electrical fuel pumps.

(*I have yet to experience 1 single failure on all the EFI cars that my family/extended family/friends vehicles that I serviced, period (none of them use fuel additives of any kind)

The only time I've seen a failure of fuel pump has to do with the owner once ran her fuel tank dry, which would burn out the vanes/bushings anyways.

Bottomline: why add something that's not meant for use in modern, computer controlled EFI 4-cylinder engines to begin with? Again, do you see the benefits or you just trying to buy "peace of mind" due to FUDD out there?

19.gif

Q.

p.s. all the vehicles I have records on servicing (been doing so for 20yrs), they have a combined mileage of 1 million kms clocked so far...most of the vehicles die of body/chassis rusts or collision-related writeoffs, and never have to replace their OE fuel injectors or pumps, period.

Ack! I need to by the vehicles you own then! Between our four vehicles I've seen 3 pump failures. All fail on a full tank of gas of course! Makes the job all the more fun.

All domestic vehicles running 10% ethanol gas.

Only one of them currently runs oil in the gas, the current pump is noticeably quieter when I put my ear next to the tank with it running with mixed oil. I have no idea what it means in terms service life but its "peace of mind" for me I guess. I really hope I don't have to change a pump ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back