Mercury Comet 540,000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!
shocked2.gif

Not one that was Found On Road Dead ...
LOL.gif

Our first new car was a 1963 Mercury Comet. Mine was medium blue and white. I enjoyed it but Tony traded it in 18 months later for a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 bright red with white trim. They were both neat cars and fun to drive. I have never driven slowly.

Originally Posted By: paul246
That lady has an excellent attitude all-round. Truly amazing.

+1

I always hear people saying the old cars of the 60's never lasted..That is so wrong...At one time we had a 60 Ford Fairlane 500 in the family and it was one the best cars we ever.

Great story, thanks for sharing it.

She sure can wheel that car! No question its keeping her young and active.

It's hysterical that she has to give service techs a diagram on how to maintain the car. Most of the doofuses that work on cars today have never seen anything that old. What? Lube the chassis? What are these metal bars underneath here?

Smart of her to buy parts with "lifetime" warranties. The companies bet that you'll trade or sell the car before you need to replace the shocks, etc. But Rachel, here, outsmarted them.

The interior looks sharp as well. Were those the air conditioning vents under the dash in the inside-the-car scenes?

Yes, the a/c on the 63-64-65 Comets was under the dash.

We need to invite that lady to join BITOG. She could probably teach all of us a few things. Her sign in name could be;

pistolpakingranny

It's that 'can do' attitude that's keeping her young. Great to see her living and enjoying her life.

Think of all the money she's saved compared to all of us chumps buying new cars every few years. Good for her.

Originally Posted By: DragRace

Forgive me,for I have reposted
wink.gif

Your sins are forgiven my child, now go an say 2 prayers of your choosing... Sorry the Roman-Catholic in me just came out.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back