Mercedes Sprinter 2500

The company I work part time for just bought a new MB Sprinter 2500 l4 diesel for me to drive.😃
I have been driving an E250 and with my previous job the same and the Transit Connect. Does anyone here drive a sprinter on a regular basis? How do they ride/drive etc?Anything I need to watch for?
Also it has Michelin AGILIS LTX tires on it.I can’t find much on them? I need to know if they will be good in light snow at the least.

just take a drive in it and you’ll find out why immigrants hate the express and econoline with a passion

if it’s not your van the maintenance isn’t your problem. the old V6s and their bluetec system are a real ball buster

My Son managed a small fleet of the Blue Tec V6's. They were absolute disasters from a reliability/maintenance perspective. They transitioned every vehicle to a gas one as they aged out and are very happy with their decision. Maintenance and downtime costs were cut drastically.

The 4-cyl motor is likely the OM651 that's also found in MB's E250s, GLK250s, and GLE300d. These are subject to the approved emissions modification (AEM) recall which comes with (at minimum) a 4yr and 48k miles warranty on basically everything under the hood.

I would check to see if the AEM has been done, and plan on doing it soon if it hasn't. The warranty makes for good peace of mind.

My father had an older sprinter. The drivetrain was solid and impressive. I loved driving it. Steering handled much more like a honda than a truck. his was a turbo diesel, I can’t remember …. I5? I6? It would get upper 20s on the highway and upper teens around town. The engine and transmission was a gem in his. They had a windshield replacement go south and got real worried about the rust, and sold it. I’m fairly certain they over-reacted, but fwiw the drivetrain outlasted the vehicle.

Back