Mercedes recommends oil change once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on how long you plan to keep the car- if you are going to only keep it for 4-6 years or 100K miles, by all means do it once per year. On the other hand if you plan to keep it for the long haul, say 200,250,300K miles, i would change it more frequently, say every 6 months or 6-8 thousand miles, so the motor sill operates like new at 250,000+ miles.

Good car. Good oil. No problem.

Coming up on 18 months, 16K miles on my Volvo. People sweat long OCI's way too much. In sludge monsters with conventional oil, yes sure a worry. But if you know what you are doing, then no issue.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
That depends on how long you plan to keep the car- if you are going to only keep it for 4-6 years or 100K miles, by all means do it once per year. On the other hand if you plan to keep it for the long haul, say 200,250,300K miles, i would change it more frequently, say every 6 months or 6-8 thousand miles, so the motor sill operates like new at 250,000+ miles.

Do you have proof for this?

Don't most Mercedes also have a very large sump capacity as well? Much larger than most American and Japanese care, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back