Mercedes Paint Color: Jade Black Metallic?

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
A couple of days ago I pulled into a parking lot space next to a seemingly late model Mercedes. I was taken by its color. At first it appeared black, but when the light changed I could see it had a metallic green sort of underlying the black. It was, to me, stunning. I did a search online and came up with a possibility for the color: Jade Black Metallic.

So, does anyone know about Mercedes paint options, and might what I saw be, in fact, Jade Black Metallic? That said, might there be a similar paint with a blue or red/maroon underlying the black? Thanks for any help here.

I'm always amazed by the color choices offered by the German makes. Mercedes expanded the "Designo Manufaktur" program in 2020 where in addition to having available Mercedes paint colors going back to the 1950's they will also paint colors from other automakers.

They have a few colors like that only available on their S class/Maybach cars. There is a maroon, dark blue, sand, and silver(gray) shade of black. The maybach can be had in two tone with the top half being one of the other Mercedes regular colors.

They have a few colors like that only available on their S class/Maybach cars. There is a maroon, dark blue, sand, and silver(gray) shade of black. The maybach can be had in two tone with the top half being one of the other Mercedes regular colors.
Thanks for the responses. I'd love to see the maroon and dark blue.

If you really want to know the color, just go up to the windshield and take a picture of the vin. Use this vin decoder and it will tell you what the options are on the car including the color code. Mercedes tends to have lots of different shades of black for the same model. Sometimes if I'm curious, I'll look at the 10th digit of the vin just to get the year.

Good info, but too late. Good for for the next time I'm curious. Thanks!

Good info, but too late. Good for for the next time I'm curious. Thanks!
What was the model?

I like to use Motor Trend's site for the option list, also gives you the color options for that particular year.

You could always flip through the brochure too.

What was the model?

I like to use Motor Trend's site for the option list, also gives you the color options for that particular year.

You could always flip through the brochure too.

Don't know the model, but it seemed like it may have been a C-class, maybe an E.

Lots of info in those links ...thanks so much. Good reference material. (y)

If you really want to know the color, just go up to the windshield and take a picture of the vin. Use this vin decoder and it will tell you what the options are on the car including the color code. Mercedes tends to have lots of different shades of black for the same model. Sometimes if I'm curious, I'll look at the 10th digit of the vin just to get the year.

Great info ... will give it a try the next time I see a Merc and have the inclination to play around. (y)

Don't know the model, but it seemed like it may have been a C-class, maybe an E.

Lots of info in those links ...thanks so much. Good reference material. (y)
Yeah, it's good research material. I have a couple E class cars, it always amazes me when people just randomly buy a used car without doing any research. I always know that because they end up buying an 2006 E-350 which had the bad balance shaft and they're basically ticking time bombs when the engine might go. Any basic research would have revealed that.

Back