Mercedes Oil Change to A-Service & B-Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll need to MacGyver a fitting/connector to attach the adapter to your MityVac. The adapter shown is for a specific piece of equipment that site sells. Just buy the adapter and rig it. Many Mercedes dipstick tubes go to the bottom of the oil pan and dealerships nearly always perform oil changes via the dipstick tube with a pneumatic system. (Cue the howling how 3 oz. of oil is left vs. drain plug) I extract the same amount this route and is 10X easier. Topside baby!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Egg_Head
You'll need to MacGyver a fitting/connector to attach the adapter to your MityVac. The adapter shown is for a specific piece of equipment that site sells. Just buy the adapter and rig it. Many Mercedes dipstick tubes go to the bottom of the oil pan and dealerships nearly always perform oil changes via the dipstick tube with a pneumatic system. (Cue the howling how 3 oz. of oil is left vs. drain plug) I extract the same amount this route and is 10X easier. Topside baby!

Too funny on the vacuum vs drain plug comment. Left me laughing so much my wife asked why I was laughing. Funny because it's true.

I did not know that the dip stick tube goes all the way to the bottom. And here I've been stuffing a MityVac tube down the tube. I'll rig something up and test that out on my engine, before buying the adapter. Thanks for the insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back