Mercedes C320 oil recommendation, oil level check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hpichris
W I'm running 10W-30 on my 5 series right now.

Just curious, what made you choose this grade for your BMW? It doesn't carry the BMW spec, is not ACEA A3, and has low HT/HS.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
W I'm running 10W-30 on my 5 series right now.

Just curious, what made you choose this grade for your BMW? It doesn't carry the BMW spec, is not ACEA A3, and has low HT/HS.

Talked a lot of BMW owners around who maintain their own cars and a lot of them along with a lot of BMW websites have actually recommended the 10W-30 oils. Has been working well. It's easier for me to keep track at the moment. Keep in mind, I have 4 cars.

[It's easier for me to keep track at the moment. Keep in mind, I have 4 cars.

I would use GC 0w-30 in all of them.
55.gif

[It's easier for me to keep track at the moment. Keep in mind, I have 4 cars.

I would use GC 0w-30 in all of them.
55.gif

haha :)

i) GC, not so easy to find here sometimes
ii) GC doesn't go on sale (I know, lol)
ii) Rotary engine = no synthetic oil

Sure it does. $24.99 for 5 quarts and a filter at PepBoys right now.

Quote:

Doh! I missed that.

Sure it does. $24.99 for 5 quarts and a filter at PepBoys right now.

Quote:

Doh! I missed that.

PepBoys is wayyyyyy to far away from me. The closest PepBoys is 18 miles away from me.

and it's in a bad neighborhood :D

C'mon... where is your BITOG dedication?
LOL.gif

It's also at AutoZone for $27.99 for 5 quarts and a nicer K&N filter. But yeah, there are probably better-priced oils out there that will do the job. I'm sticking with GC out of habit more than anything else at this point. If it ever becomes difficult to find, I won't cry about it.

My son in law has a SL500 with no dip stick. Last year he ask me if the oil level sensor could fail. The light came on and he added one qt. of M1. The light stayed on so he added another. And another. As the light stayed on he took it to the MB dealer when he got the good news, he overfilled the engine by three qts.

What is the part number for adding the dip stick to the 2005 mercedes C 320 2 wheel drive.

Originally Posted By: renos09ram
What is the part number for adding the dip stick to the 2005 mercedes C 320 2 wheel drive.

This appears to be a dealer-only part, so calling your local MB parts department should help answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back