Mens dress shoes for those on their feet all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP,

what you have + inserts?

Postal office approved shoes?

I'm going to guess you need non-marking soles, also, oil impervious/non-sliping

Thorogoods, made in usa by unions and postal carrier approved.
Also, the Rockport is really good. Clarks have gone way down in quality, my last pair dident have rubber on the sole, was that fake rubber foam stuff.

Clarks have started to hurt my feet.

Rockport slip on dress shoes were pretty good. Currently wearing Sketchers slip on dress shoes, very comfortable.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by dja4260
I'm really hard on my shoes. I'm on my feet all day, at times crawling or on my hands and knees. I typically spendabout $75 for a pair of oxfords and find that they don't last and my feet hurt.

I'm looking at ECCO Helsinki Oxfords @ $125.00 as the salesman swears by them.

Anyone on here have experience with a quality $100-$150 dollar oxford?

Red Wing. I have seen their dress shoes (wouldn't look out of place on Wall Street) that were quite comfortable. They were also OSHA-approved nonskid, safety toe and puncture-resistant.

Failing that, think outside the (shoe) box: a pair of good (black) boots.

I purchased a pair of Redwing postman's they are black, take a nice spit shine and are comfortable. I do a lot of trade shows for my business and they are all day comfortable. They have an oxford and a chukka I got the chukka.

These should last me 20 years or more with resoling.

Redwing brought the heritage collection out and they have some really nice looking stuff!

Heck even the moc toe oxfords will take a nice shine and look good with slacks or khakis

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Thorogoods, made in usa by unions and postal carrier approved.

Yep those are good too, I got a pair of moc toe shoes as my knock around beaters. I wouldn't consider them dressy but look good with jeans...For the price they will outlast 5-10 pair of tennis shoes. I've only had them 6 months, quality seems really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back