Mens dress shoes for those on their feet all day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hard on my shoes. I'm on my feet all day, at times crawling or on my hands and knees. I typically spendabout $75 for a pair of oxfords and find that they don't last and my feet hurt.

I'm looking at ECCO Helsinki Oxfords @ $125.00 as the salesman swears by them.

Anyone on here have experience with a quality $100-$150 dollar oxford?

Originally Posted by atikovi
What do you do that requires dress shoes AND to crawl on your hands and knees?

Assistant Principal to 1400 kids. They keep me on my toes.

Originally Posted by dja4260

And why do you need dress shoes for that? I'd think some Nike or Adidas sport footwear would be more appropriate and comfortable and be more relatable to the kids.

And why do you need dress shoes for that? I'd think some Nike or Adidas sport footwear would be more appropriate and comfortable and be more relatable to the kids.

I hold, lead educational meeting daily. I wear slacks, a button down, and a tie on most days. I do wear our school polos with slacks and dress shoes on occasion. You could say its business casual.

Last edited:
More complex than many would think.

1) I FIRMLY believe the better part of shoe fit IS THE FIT. This means the shoe contains your foot and keeps all those bones together.
It has WAY LESS to do with the sole. Cushy insoles are cheap headline grabbers in my opinion.

2) You must tell us (or the show salesman) what kind of outsole you want. MANY times a hard leather sole and hard heel is what you want.

3) Be real careful with ECCO shoes. Lots of their "cool rubbery" soles disintegrate. Me and relatives have been stung by ECCO soles which became wet, sticky rubber.

What's your size? Sometimes you get lucky with sales. My brother wears 14. He finds the one 14 in the shipment which didn't sell or he finds nothing.
Our Dad's 10 is so common a size, it was either sold out or NEVER on sale because it would sell easily.

Cheap shoes are ridiculous to buy (but you know that)

I hold, lead eductional meeting daily. I wear slacks, a button down, and a tie on most days. I do wear our school polos with slacks and dress shoes on occasion. You could say its business casual.

That how it's speeled?
lol.gif
Can't you just stash a pair of dress shoes in your desk for when you need them and wear comfortable shoes the rest of the time?

Insoles, bruh. Either Superfeet work variant or custom orthotics.

My feet used to get sore after spending all day wearing work boots. Once I put Superfeet work insoles in them they stopped hurting.

Sore feet are so debilitating and demotivating, similar to having a sore back.

Originally Posted by Kira
More complex than many would think.

1) I FIRMLY believe the better part of shoe fit IS THE FIT. This means the shoe contains your foot and keeps all those bones together.
It has WAY LESS to do with the sole. Cushy insoles are cheap headline grabbers in my opinion.

2) You must tell us (or the show salesman) what kind of outsole you want. MANY times a hard leather sole and hard heel is what you want.

3) Be real careful with ECCO shoes. Lots of their "cool rubbery" soles disintegrate. Me and relatives have been stung by ECCO soles which became wet, sticky rubber.

What's your size? Sometimes you get lucky with sales. My brother wears 14. He finds the one 14 in the shipment which didn't sell or he finds nothing.
Our Dad's 10 is so common a size, it was either sold out or NEVER on sale because it would sell easily.

Cheap shoes are ridiculous to buy (but you know that)

I'm size 10-10.5 so anything on sale goes quick! I'd like to own some shoes that will last a few years while being worn 3+ times per week.

I'm really hard on my shoes. I'm on my feet all day, at times crawling or on my hands and knees. I typically spendabout $75 for a pair of oxfords and find that they don't last and my feet hurt.
I'm looking at ECCO Helsinki Oxfords @ $125.00 as the salesman swears by them.
Anyone on here have experience with a quality $100-$150 dollar oxford?

Don't know those brands.

I have a couple pair of Kenneth Coles with " silver technology" ( a gel filled heel) that are about 8 years old now i use for trade shows and they have held up pretty well and are affordable to purchase.

UD

Awesome job and glad you dress well!

Back when I had to dress up for work and be on my feet all day,I wore Rockports. Comfy as my Asics!

Try the Helsinkis. I've had two pairs, and I used Superfeet insoles with both--either the black low-profile or the blue ones. Those inserts really make a difference.

I replaced my first pair when the sole wore too much at the heel. (I walk on sidewalks for 20-30 minutes per workday, so that might accelerate wear vs. the floors in a school.) The rest of the shoe held up well. My current pair is four years old. I'd still be wearing them, but had to change to a shoe with less heel-toe drop because of an injury. My current shoes are discontinued Merrell oxfords with Superfeet Run Comfort Thin insoles.

I was stupid enough to buy six pairs of Ecco shoes. The soles disintegrated on every one of them. My boss went so far as to ban these shoes in the lab. My shoes paved the floor at every work station. The company had to hire someone to refinish the floors. Luckily my boss had a good sense of humor about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back