Memorable quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Muhammed Ali was about to fight Ernie Terrell in the Astrodome. He was asked why he didn't fight in Madison Square Garden.

He replied, "Because Houston is in the heart of Texas, and New York is in the heart of taxes."

"Dear Sir,
While I still have got breath in my lungs, I will tell you what a dandy car you make. I have drove Fords exclusively when I can get away with one. For sustained speed and freedom from trouble the Ford has got every other car skinned, and even if my business hasn't been strictly legal it don't hurt anything to tell you what a fine car you got in a V8."

A letter written by Clyde Barrow to Henry Ford and Henry Ford sent him a "thank you" letter back. (Authenticity of original letter has not been 100% documented, but it is assumed to be legit and letter was postmarked where Bonnie and Clyde had been at the time)

Originally Posted By: Donald
"It depends upon what your definition of "is" is.

That's just not right.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
"Hold me closer...closer," said the blond while dancing with Groucho.

"Lady," he responded, "If I held you any closer I'd be behind you."

Or another Groucho..."I'd would belong to no club that would have me as a member."

I have a few favorites

John McKay

Following a Tampa Bay Buccaneers loss in their early seasons, McKay was asked what he thought of his team's "execution." He replied, "I'm all for it."

After the Buccaneers won their first regular season game against the New Orleans Saints during the 1977 season 33–14, McKay mused, "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.”

“Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain”

“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.”

Four of my favorites:

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.

Facts are stubborn things.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.”

“Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain”

“Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.”

"Management would sooner spend a million dollars on new equipment to solve a problem than an hour thinking" - Dr. W. Edwards Deming

"what we have here is a failure to communicate." Cool Hand Luke

"I think we need a bigger boat" Jaws

"and we're gonna have lots of rabbits too, George" Of Mice and Men

"when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" Animal House

Hope this one is NOT considered political.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"

If you think there's good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

76.3% of statistics are made up.

"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." - Bob Seger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back